Re: Kompany's red card and appeal? (merged)

Mark - TheBlue said:
MCFC BOB said:
Failsworth_Blue said:
His leg tucked under where? His body? Next time you play football, try and make a tackle where the foot you are going to win the ball with moves forward at speed and try and keep your leg tucked under your body, it's near impossible and would risk serious injury, both his feet had to come through. It wasn't a two footed tackle as only one foot was ever moved towards the ball, the trailing came through after the ball had been won clearly. It is in no way a two footed tackle, not in a million years.
One footed tackle, leg tucked under the body:

543312-st_large.jpg

Kompany's tackle:

vincent-kompany-nani.jpg

Getting fed up with the blue tinters to now Bob its a red card. We all need to move on and stop fucking moaning. Some of the bullshit on this tread is irritating lets move on now its over. No e-mail or bluemoon e-petition will change anything. He jumps with 2 feet. There is never consistency in football so bringing up old challenges mean nothing. He got a red it got upheld now move on.

That photo is taken after the tackle is won and opposing player is well out of the way... when the ball was one, both feet on the ground.
Rodwell's was far worse IMO and he got off with it!

Matty said:
MCFC BOB said:
Failsworth_Blue said:
His leg tucked under where? His body? Next time you play football, try and make a tackle where the foot you are going to win the ball with moves forward at speed and try and keep your leg tucked under your body, it's near impossible and would risk serious injury, both his feet had to come through. It wasn't a two footed tackle as only one foot was ever moved towards the ball, the trailing came through after the ball had been won clearly. It is in no way a two footed tackle, not in a million years.

543312-st_large.jpg

Kompany's tackle:

vincent-kompany-nani.jpg

Two photographs taken at totally different stages of the tackle, the first is the exact moment that the ball and player met, player coming in from the side. The second is moments after initial contact, the ball having been pushed in the direction the player is sliding, thus meaning it is still at his feet. No comparison whatsoever.
Expected this reply. Kompany went in two-footed. If you can't see it here, then I suggest you trade your blue-tinted specs for some with actual lenses in.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeCLPHTTT2Y[/youtube]

I'm a bit more pissed off at the club for appealing at such a crucial stage.

The FA were never going undermime the referee and overturn the decision.

Cheadle Blue said:
sam-caddick said:
Dont expect us to be top of the league at the end of January.

Yaya, Kompany and Silva have been our tick players this season.. we will struggle with them not in the team!!

wow your a real "glass is half full" kind of guy................

I just think we will struggle without them players mate!! Tottenham is so crucial for us to win, Liverpool in the League cup etc!! it is going to be hard!!

onceabluealways said:
Shame but the result of the appeal was expected.

I have said the same to my mates at the match - Kompany goes in really hard at the beginning of a lot of games until he gets booked then cools down.

After liverpool away when he did the same on saurez i said he will get a red card sooner or later and cost us. he is the captain and probably tries to set the tone and its part of him which i accept due to the good points that come with him.

Unfortunately he did it at the wrong time - one of our bigger games and with the most important run of games coming up. He should be a little more intelligent , lets hope he has learned from this or it WILL happen again.

Your right but he always gets the ball but from now on he should stop these type of tackles because refs will be looking out more for em

The FA are now on a mission - I bet another player goes off tomorrow - once the agenda has been set - "don't miss an opportunity to book City players". Referee's will carry it out - they won't call the dogs off now.

Citycitytid said:
I'm a bit more pissed off at the club for appealing at such a crucial stage.

The FA were never going undermime the referee and overturn the decision.

Sorry - why we didn't have a lot to lose the ban was never going to be increased

waspish said:
onceabluealways said:
Shame but the result of the appeal was expected.

I have said the same to my mates at the match - Kompany goes in really hard at the beginning of a lot of games until he gets booked then cools down.

After liverpool away when he did the same on saurez i said he will get a red card sooner or later and cost us. he is the captain and probably tries to set the tone and its part of him which i accept due to the good points that come with him.

Unfortunately he did it at the wrong time - one of our bigger games and with the most important run of games coming up. He should be a little more intelligent , lets hope he has learned from this or it WILL happen again.

Your right but he always gets the ball but from now on he should stop these type of tackles because refs will be looking out more for em

Unless they are committed by messrs Evra and Rooney

Matty said:
MCFC BOB said:
Failsworth_Blue said:

543312-st_large.jpg

Kompany's tackle:

vincent-kompany-nani.jpg

-- January 10th, 2012, 3:32 pm --

grunge said:
Go take a read of the rule book and show me where it says that?

Rule book is here....

<a class="postlink" href="http://ar.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/generic/81/42/36/lawsofthegame_2011_12e.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://ar.fifa.com/mm/document/affedera ... 11_12e.pdf</a>

The only rules for a red card are

At most Kompany's tackle is reckless which is classed as a yellow

The red was bullshit and the FA are pathetic.
They've banned him for 'serious foul play'. Do some reading yourself.

As I said previously:-

I've said this before, and I'll say it again, just because it was 2 footed doesn't make it an automatic red card.

The official rule is as follows:-

A player is guilty of serious foul play if he uses excessive force or brutality against an opponent when challenging for the ball when it is in play.

A tackle that endangers the safety of an opponent must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force and endangering the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

So, the number of legs used is irrelevant, 1 or 2 legs can result in serious foul play, but nothing to suggest a 2 footed takcle is INSTANTLY classed as serious foul play. In fact the above law claims that Kompany needs to have met 3 criteria, he needs to have:-

A - Lunged in (debateable, he slid in, is a slide the same as a lunge?)

B - used excessive force (this is a judgement call, although 99% would say he didn't)

C - endangered the safety of an opponent (now this one is laughable, Nani was nowhere near Kompany's feet, he never hit Nani, and never looked like hitting him, how he could therefore have been "endangered" is beyond me).
As you said yourself, "it's a judgement call". It's their judgement against ours, and their judgement is the final decision. End of.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.