Re: Manchester City Vs Swansea City Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: City v Swansea pre-match thread

Andouble said:
if Swansea at home isn't a game to play 4 attacking players, when is? Really hope we go AJ/Silva/Dzeko/Balo instead of NDJ, Yaya, Barry/Milner

Totally agree, if he doesnt let them of the leash for this, he never will and i will start to worry if Mancini doesn't have it in him to go for it.

I can see Mancini doing this at some point in the season, but only as a last resort.
I would be very surprised if he deployed that kind of formation tomorrow as it disrupts his typical style and balance of play. Especially since Swansea use a pass and probe style of play, he will want his defensive minded players such as Nige to break that play up as quick as possible and pass it along for the attack.

_______Balo___Dzeko_________

_________Silva______________

_____Yaya_____Milner________

________De Jong____________

Kolarov_Lescott_Kompany_Richards

__________Hart_____________

That would be decent thank you.
Subs
Pantilimon
Adam Runsoffthefieldeverytimehegetstheballson.
Zabaleta
Savic
Kun
Clichy
Barry

Re: city v swansea match thread.

How long have you supported Manchester City and what first got you interested?
Since i was 5 in 1968. My elder Brother is responsible

Who would you support if your team wasn’t around?
Unthinkable really,hard to imagine. Probably Oldham Athletic i was taken there
numerous times by a favourite uncle.

Are you a season ticket holder?
No (Lived in Ireland for past 15yrs)

Do you mostly go to home or away matches?
Home

Who is your all-time favourite player at your club?
Colin Bell

Who is your present favourite player at your club?
David Silva

What was the most important goal scored for your club and who scored it?
Play off final 99, Paul Dickov

Which (if any!!) of our players do you like?
I like your Manager

What’s your prediction for our match, goal scorers etc.
2-0. Dzeko, Silva.

Which team are your local and/or premiership rivals?
Who do you think?

What league position do you think that you/we will achieve?
Champions.
15th

Glory – hunting fans are…. Expected.

Referees are…
Inconsistant
.[/quote]

City v Swansea pre-match thread

JackOnTour said:
BringBackSwales said:
I am sure you lot will deffo add to the atmosphere; used to go to Swansea a lot with work (a place called Ystradgynlais) and I always found it to be a very sound place - 1,000 times better than cardiff, and 1,000,000 times better than north wales, good luck for the season apart from our 2 games

Thanks very much - yeah Ystradgynlais is 15/20 miles from our stadium. There used to be a big Lucas factory there but the town was originally built around the iron foundries and coal mines there.

1000 times better than the scum?? At least that :-) no natural scenery/beauty at our lower league neighbours - just unjustified arrogance and huge chips on their shoulders.

1,000,000 times better than the gogs?? No argument there...

Were not fond of you either you jack bastard!

Come on lads, positive mental attitude.

5-0 and we go top. Now come on.

Gavmcfc88 said:
JackOnTour said:
BringBackSwales said:
I am sure you lot will deffo add to the atmosphere; used to go to Swansea a lot with work (a place called Ystradgynlais) and I always found it to be a very sound place - 1,000 times better than cardiff, and 1,000,000 times better than north wales, good luck for the season apart from our 2 games

Thanks very much - yeah Ystradgynlais is 15/20 miles from our stadium. There used to be a big Lucas factory there but the town was originally built around the iron foundries and coal mines there.

1000 times better than the scum?? At least that :-) no natural scenery/beauty at our lower league neighbours - just unjustified arrogance and huge chips on their shoulders.

1,000,000 times better than the gogs?? No argument there...

Were not fond of you either you jack bastard!

?

are you from cardiff

The two clubs with the largest array of attacking talent in world football both use 3 midfeilders and 3 attackers ostensibly.

Last night. Thiago, Iniesta, Mascherano with Villa, Messi and Sanchez up top.

Alonso, Khedira, de Maria (he is a midfielder not a winger). Ronaldo, Benzema and Ozil.

So playing AJ, Silva, Dzeko and Balotelli all at the same time is overcooking it somewhat. Especially as Dzeko and Balo do not put in the same defensive work as say Villa and Messi.

de Jong, Yaya and Barry for me.

Hello chaps,

Will anyone be uploading the game tonight? I'm playing a gig in London so will miss the whole match but will get home at 11pm-ish, have I got any prayer of watching it tonight when I get in do you think?

Thanks,

Manchester City - Swansea preview.

<a class="postlink" href="http://bluetintedspecs.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://bluetintedspecs.blogspot.com/</a>

And so, the Premier League returns to Manchester City. The 2010/11 season saw Manchester City finish in 3rd place, above Arsenal - who play the best football on the planet - and in doing so, secured their place in the Champions' League for the 2011/12 season.

Manchester City haven't been at home on the first day of the Premier League season since 2005. Robbie Fowler secured a 1-1 draw for City against Fulham on that day. Edwin van der Sar was still a year away from his move to Manchester United and Stuart Pearce was being tipped to take over the England job.

After last week's disappointing defeat in the Community Shield, City will be hoping to bounce back quickly, and a home tie against a newly promoted team would seem like the ideal fixture. But Swansea have been tipped by some football fans to not only stay up, but challenge for European places too.
City's injury table has been deserted since Shay Given and Jerome Boateng found new clubs, but Carlos Tevez and Sergio Aguero are doubts ahead of Monday's fixture. Aguero finds himself unable to shake blisters from his feet, and Tevez simply isn't match-fit due to having extended leave up until August 8th.

I feel City will win. I'm not expecting a 5-0 or 6-0, but something comprehensive (like a 2-0 or 3-0) would not be too far from the ideal result for me. It would be nice to see Edin Dzeko get his name on the score sheet, and I hope Balotelli has the performance of his life to silence the doubters in the press - who I'm sure will be looming around his head for another season, awaiting his first red card like a child on Christmas Day.

-

Hart; Richards, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy; Barry, de Jong, Yaya Toure; Silva, Dzeko, Balotelli.
Taylor; Zabaleta, Savic, Kolarov; Milner, A.Johnson; Aguero.

Manchester City 2-0 Swansea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.