reading tickets selling fast {merged}

Re: reading tickets selling fast

mattcarter123 said:
How are the away tickets going? are we only going to give them 2800?

I imagine we (Reading) will make an announcement at the end of today regarding our ticket sales thus far. Unfortunately it seems we will only get the 2,800.

Leicester_royal said:
mattcarter123 said:
How are the away tickets going? are we only going to give them 2800?

I imagine we (Reading) will make an announcement at the end of today regarding our ticket sales thus far. Unfortunately it seems we will only get the 2,800.

looks like it mate, are you one of the 2800

marco said:
Leicester_royal said:

Unfortunately not. I moved to Leicester a few years ago and now have 2 young children so the games I get to are usually when I have got myself in the good books and then pay on the day. I tend to get to more away games than home games nowadays. With all these scenarios I can't build up enough points.
I attended nearly every home game for about 25 years before moving but admittedly now it's about 20 a season in total.<br /><br />-- Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:43 pm --<br /><br />
marco said:
Leicester_royal said:

Our fans will have needed to have been a season ticket holder for about the last 6 years and attended a few away games to have enough points to attend this game.

Homepage of the clubs site has to be a pisstake, "Reading, Got your ticket yet?" beginging to to regret not reserving my season cards and then trying to sort an extra for the wife afterwards.

lancs blue said:
doomuk said:
I cant understand why anyone thought an FA Cup qtr final would not be popular.

Because the people who made this decision have no instinctive "feel" for what attracts the fans. Any City fan who's been going for a fair while could've predicted this match would be in demand, it isn't rocket science.

But you can't blame the club for expecting the usual apathy from a lot of supporters when it comes to cup matches. We only got just over 30k for JUVENTUS didn't we?? The club understandably weigh up all factors i.e.;-

- it's on TV (as always)
- we've just had a stupid amount of games in a very short space of time, for all
of which attendances were down
- money's tight with a lot of people
- some people will prefer/have to watch in pubs or on the internet
- it's a championship side we're playing (no disrespect to Reading at all)

Bearing all this in mind, is it unreasonable for the club to expect an attendance of 35k maximum?? I don't think so. Hopefully they are wrong & demand forces the whole ground to be opened & we sell out. I'm sure the club wants this too. I've had to relocate for both Reading & Kiev - yeah, it's a bit of a pain but it's not rocket science to understand why it's being done.

Hopefully, in a couple of seasons the idea of closing parts of the ground for some games will never be on the agenda.

Marvin said:
jrb said:
Watch the whole of the NS show up om the seat planner tomorrow.
Maybe but if £25 seats in Tier 2s have gone everywhere else, then a lot of £15 in NL1 will also have gone.

I hope City put Tier 3 seats on sale at £15

They'd better not - Had to pay £17:50 for me and £10 for my son in CBL1 seeing as i can't get tickets for CBL3

Billy Spurdle said:
lancs blue said:
Because the people who made this decision have no instinctive "feel" for what attracts the fans. Any City fan who's been going for a fair while could've predicted this match would be in demand, it isn't rocket science.

But you can't blame the club for expecting the usual apathy from a lot of supporters when it comes to cup matches. We only got just over 30k for JUVENTUS didn't we?? The club understandably weigh up all factors i.e.;-

- it's on TV (as always)
- we've just had a stupid amount of games in a very short space of time, for all

Bearing all this in mind, is it unreasonable for the club to expect an attendance of 35k maximum?? I don't think so. Hopefully they are wrong & demand forces the whole ground to be opened & we sell out. I'm sure the club wants this too. I've had to relocate for both Reading & Kiev - yeah, it's a bit of a pain but it's not rocket science to understand why it's being done.

Hopefully, in a couple of seasons the idea of closing parts of the ground for some games will never be on the agenda.

Great shout mate.

Billy Spurdle said:
lancs blue said:

- it's on TV (as always)

^^^^THIS^^^^

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.