reading tickets selling fast {merged}

Re: reading tickets selling fast

CITY FOR LIFE said:
Billy Spurdle said:
So they are linked then. Thought so.

-- Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:07 pm --

Have you been told that by the club & not from the non-existent dots on the online seating plan?!? Ha.
Just tried to get another one for the game in E1 or 2 at a push but was told unavailable now, did I want lower or upper NS or upper SS but very limited.

So you also were not told you HAD to sit on row A of North stand lower?

Just Dave's dad then. Unless he made it up ofcourse.

Hmmmm strange.

Marvin said:
sniff said:
I know your all doing a very good job counting all the seats on the website, but stop wasting your time.

The online system only release's seats for sale at set intervals, and is in no way linked to the system they have at the Ticket office.

My friend who works their just laughs at the fact people bother to count them an use it as an indicator.

His response, dont bother, you may as well just say the first number that come's into your head, It has as much chance of being right.
You haven't thought this through have you.

It must update in real-time otherwise it wouldn't work.

I agree sometimes it's misleading as they don't put all the blocks up for sale on the planner, or only put part of the blocks up. But this time, they put whole stands up at a time, and you could follow the sales if you wanted to.

The only area with significant numbers of tickets left is now the Upper Tier of the North Stand, so it's a pretty safe assumption that 1 or both 3rd tiers will go onsale tomorrow or Wednesday

Right ive explained that the system isnt linked to the main system, but the main system can access the website. Why has it got to be real time ?

People buying tickets hava a set period to complete the transaction, if they do not the tickets are put back on the site for sale. Its easy and how Ticketmaster sell all of their tickets.

so what the ticket office see and what we see are in no way the same. If you want to buy a ticket from the web site you buy from the website allocation.

if you buy on the phone you buy from their allocation, if you phone the club and not the ticket line, you save a booking fee and have the ability to book any seat in the stadium. unless they are being told to push certain areas

so it is working in real time on the allocation the website is allowed to sell at the time, that bears no reflection of the actual ammount of tickets on sale.

So in effect counting the seats on the website, is pissing in the wind.

reading tickets selling fast

SWP's back said:
CITY FOR LIFE said:
Just tried to get another one for the game in E1 or 2 at a push but was told unavailable now, did I want lower or upper NS or upper SS but very limited.

Hmmmm strange.

Name me one reason why i would make this up. Just one, humour me.

I'm telling you what happened .

Funny as fuck you "checked" though. I presume you had it down as a wind up like the khaldoon thread....

I feel intimidated ;-)

sniff said:
Marvin said:

I agree sometimes it's misleading as they don't put all the blocks up for sale on the planner, or only put part of the blocks up. But this time, they put whole stands up at a time, and you could follow the sales if you wanted to.

The only area with significant numbers of tickets left is now the Upper Tier of the North Stand, so it's a pretty safe assumption that 1 or both 3rd tiers will go onsale tomorrow or Wednesday

Right ive explained that the system isnt linked to the main system, but the main system can access the website. Why has it got to be real time ?

People buying tickets hava a set period to complete the transaction, if they do not the tickets are put back on the site for sale. Its easy and how Ticketmaster sell all of their tickets.

so what the ticket office see and what we see are in no way the same. If you want to buy a ticket from the web site you buy from the website allocation.

if you buy on the phone you buy from their allocation, if you phone the club and not the ticket line, you save a booking fee and have the ability to book any seat in the stadium. unless they are being told to push certain areas

so it is working in real time on the allocation the website is allowed to sell at the time, that bears no reflection of the actual ammount of tickets on sale.

No that doesn't make sense sorry.

SWP's back said:
sniff said:

well do tell in what way, dont want to blow your mind. Its fairly easy to understand the concept that website and the out sourced ticket sales get give allocations.

EG... website will be given 20 blocks to sell, the company who sell on the phones will be given 20 blocks to sell. On general sale, these dont include relocation or SC holders.

Their system only shows what they have left of their 20 blocks, When they have got through that lot then the main system at the club can release more to them.

So saying that only counting seats and working out that you have xxxxx left is only accurate to what they currently have on sale.

That in no way means that the club hasnt stil got another 20 + blocks not yet avaliable to the website.

Didsbury Dave said:
SWP's back said:

Hmmmm strange.

Name me one reason why i would make this up. Just one, humour me.

I'm telling you what happened .

Funny as fuck you "checked" though. I presume you had it down as a wind up like the khaldoon thread....

I feel intimidated ;-)

Same joke, 3 times. Poor, even by your standards. ;-)

Why make it up? Fuck me Dave, you love a good moan. Have you not noticed people call you Dismal?

And yes, I did "check" [sic] and it was backed up by CITY FOR LIFE in his post. The reason I checked is that I am sick and tired of people doing this club a great disservice by bull shitting. As I stated on another thread, it is as if some people think it makes them appear better when they can find fault in everyone or everything else.

If that IS what you Dad said, get on the blower to him, tell him to stop being soft and ask for a level 2 ticket. If that is far too much trouble (compared with the old days of queueing for hours at Maine Road), then fair play, he can't be that arsed about the game that is his choice, (if it was my Dad, I would have called on his behalf - infact I entered my Dad on the cup scheme on my bank account for his birthday, though it's turned out a fucking expensive present!). But to say the club would only let him sit at the front of the North Stand is patently not true.

That good enough as an explanation for you mate?

sniff said:
Marvin said:

Look the only area where significant numbers of tickets remain is North Stand Level 2.

And we know this because this time all but Colin Bell L2 went up on the on-line planner so anyone who wanted to could log on and have a look at how the sales were going

There isn't a separate supply of tickets unless the new ground has been built in secret

sniff said:
SWP's back said:

well do tell in what way, dont want to blow your mind. Its fairly easy to understand the concept that website and the out sourced ticket sales get give allocations.

EG... website will be given 20 blocks to sell, the company who sell on the phones will be given 20 blocks to sell. On general sale, these dont include relocation or SC holders.

Their system only shows what they have left of their 20 blocks, When they have got through that lot then the main system at the club can release more to them.

So saying that only counting seats and working out that you have xxxxx left is only accurate to what they currently have on sale.

That in no way means that the club hasnt stil got another 20 + blocks not yet avaliable to the website.

That is a far better explanation and now it makes sense.

Thanks.

reading tickets selling fast

sniff said:
SWP's back said:

Which would clearly explain why my dad was only offered seats on north stand row 1.

If you eventually get your head round it, mr intimidating, an apology would be the polite thing to do.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.