reading tickets selling fast {merged}

67 pages on ticket sales ! Why?

Post Kiev it will be same old "attendance crap" "we don't deserve our owners" etc etc

Just because 3rd tier now open, doesn't mean they will be full

This might back fire in the future... Even though I had to move from tier 3 earlier this week to tier 2 south! I was thinking of waiting with the inkling that tier 3 might open later in the week, in the end I thought sod it I'll just buy em! Will I wait in the future though? If the price is less than tier 2 like they are now could well do! They should of sold tier 2 south for the same price tier 3 is selling now! They would of sold a lot quicker and def have a sell out!

gap_f/w said:
They close level 3

Level 3 season ticket holders have to move to Level 2 @ £25

Open Level 3 and sell @ £17.50

Hope they reimburse us our £22.50

Typical City or was it a marketng ploy to sell the expensive tickets first.

More exclusive/Less on sale = more demand

Joke from start to finish - thought we were more professional as a club obviously no regard for the regular support.

couple of points:

1) Great maths (unless you bought 3 - which you probably did - ignore this)

2) City did not expect demand to be so high. If you look, that was covered in the previous 60 pages.

3) You have a ticket, enjoy the game.

tasker said:
looks like reading fans been buying plenty in our end

Well I really hope they have a shit time and have nothing to cheer. Reading being short of tickets is their fault. They could have taken an extra 2000 tickets but decided not to. I just hope that there's no aggro in the stadium.

And if people got off their arses quicker, they could have chose really good L1 seats as I did last Saturday

Bought tickets last night for me and a mate, could only get seats near each other and not together and they cost £25. This morning I see they've opened the third tier, I could have got them today for £17.50 with both seats together! Typical. Pretty sure they can change the seats if I call them when they open, but will they reimburse the difference?

Got my ticket. Couldnt get one with my mates so im sat on my todd in South Stand Level 2.
Please dont let me be sat next to a wierdo...
Not done the poznan with a stranger before!

I think the club has been fully justified in doing what it's done. Were the club justified in not anticipating demand? Absolutely. Even with 5k Leicester we couldn't break the 30k mark. Notts County same story. Then a Premier League tie with Villa (not a replay, and furthest round), attracts our worst attendance. Is the club justified in closing a tier to save on costs? Of course it is. It is not obliged to open a part of a ground just so you can sit in your season ticket seat for a cup tie. Chances are it'll improve atmosphere too. Is the club entitled to do that? I reckon so. Finally, is the club entitled to charge different prices for different areas of the grounds to different people in different circumstances? Of course it is, they always have done and always will do, and that's the right and proper thing.

Further related point, generally speaking, ticket prices are pretty low if you're a season ticket holder. I've seen a lot of people talking about if we charged this much a game, we'd attract this attendance and this much revenue whenever stadium expansion is mentioned. The logic of course being that cheaper ticket prices equals more in the ground equals more revenue overall. Usually illustrated by retarded calculations. Such as 40,000 x £35 = £1,400,000 vs 80,000 x £20 = £1,600,000 = MOAR!!! Problem is that our current league price (actual calculation) for a season ticket holder is far less, it's less than the £20 I commonly hear. Revenue from season ticket holders last year was £9.6m and I think there were 34,000 holders. The average bum on seat is costing just under £15 for the more expensive league matches and obviously less for cup matches.

Skashion said:
I think the club has been fully justified in doing what it's done. Were the club justified in not anticipating demand? Absolutely. Even with 5k Leicester we couldn't break the 30k mark. Notts County same story. Then a Premier League tie with Villa (not a replay, and furthest round), attracts our worst attendance. Is the club justified in closing a tier to save on costs? Of course it is. It is not obliged to open a part of a ground just so you can sit in your season ticket seat for a cup tie. Chances are it'll improve atmosphere too. Is the club entitled to do that? I reckon so. Finally, is the club entitled to charge different prices for different areas of the grounds to different people in different circumstances? Of course it is, they always have done and always will do, and that's the right and proper thing.

Further related point, generally speaking, ticket prices are pretty low if you're a season ticket holder. I've seen a lot of people talking about if we charged this much a game, we'd attract this attendance and this much revenue whenever stadium expansion is mentioned. The logic of course being that cheaper ticket prices equals more in the ground equals more revenue overall. Usually illustrated by retarded calculations. Such as 40,000 x £35 = £1,400,000 vs 80,000 x £20 = £1,600,000 = MOAR!!! Problem is that our current league price (actual calculation) for a season ticket holder is far less, it's less than the £20 I commonly hear. Revenue from season ticket holders last year was £9.6m and I think there were 34,000 holders. The average bum on seat is costing just under £15 for the more expensive league matches and obviously less for cup matches.

An Island of thought in a sea of madness.

Skashion said:

But there are 1000's of kid's £95 season cards in that calculation, although in the main I agree.
The other thing is, with an extra 40,000 in the stadium there is a cost implication to the club, but to balance that out, the club should be selling more merchandise and catering

Skashion said:

Further related point, generally speaking, ticket prices are pretty low if you're a season ticket holder. I've seen a lot of people talking about if we charged this much a game, we'd attract this attendance and this much revenue whenever stadium expansion is mentioned. The logic of course being that cheaper ticket prices equals more in the ground equals more revenue overall. Usually illustrated by retarded calculations. Such as 40,000 x £35 = £1,400,000 vs
80,000 x £20 = £1,600,000 = MOAR!!! Problem is that our current league price (actual
calculation) for a season ticket holder is far less, it's less than the £20 I commonly hear.
Revenue from season ticket holders last year was £9.6m and I think there were 34,000
holders. The average bum on seat is costing just under £15 for the more expensive league
matches and obviously less for cup matches.

The club have been spot on,the gate against villa was dire which surprised me given it was an all premiership tie.The idea to close the top tier is correct as it saves on cost but more importantly the atmosphere is better.So yes the club got it right.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.