reading tickets selling fast {merged}

Skashion said:
Were the club justified in not anticipating demand? Absolutely.

Sorry, I totally disagree. The Villa attendance had a number of factors that influenced it:

1. Live on free to air TV. This has always had a big impact on City's attendance, going right back to the 80s when live broadcasts started.

2. Midweek match: People with a fair distance to travel or young kids more likely to use factor 1 to decide to give it a miss.

3. 4th consecutive home game in a short period. Again the impact of factor 1 will have persuaded many to save their money for a possible QF tie.

None of those above factors apply to the Reading game, added to which it's a QF and one step from a match we haven't experienced in 30 years, an FA Cup Semi Final. All of that says to me expect 40k for this match.

i paid £ 17.50 for my normal ticket in east stand , my brother asked to get him a ticket for the sunderland game wich is £ 40 glad i have my season card . £ 22.50 for the villa game still cheap. Think people want free tickets or a good moan

lancs blue said:
Skashion said:

Sorry, I totally disagree. The Villa attendance had a number of factors that influenced it:

1. Live on free to air TV. This has always had a big impact on City's attendance, going right back to the 80s when live broadcasts started.

2. Midweek match: People with a fair distance to travel or young kids more likely to use factor 1 to decide to give it a miss.

3. 4th consecutive home game in a short period. Again the impact of factor 1 will have persuaded many to save their money for a possible QF tie.

None of those above factors apply to the Reading game, added to which it's a QF and one step from a match we haven't experienced in 30 years, an FA Cup Semi Final. All of that says to me expect 40k for this match.

What are you basing the 40k plus attendance on, there's nothing on this season's cup attendances to suggest anything close.

We got just over 30k against Juve in Europe, but the club should have anticipated over 40k for Reading in the FA cup?

lancs blue said:
Skashion said:

How can the club have any confidence when it comes to attendances? I don't & I've been going for 37 years. Couldn't believe that so many turned up for Aris but couldn't believe how few bothered for the Villa game.

Give me 40k+ with Levels 1 & 2 packed out any day (and I'm saying that having had to relocate from EL3 to EL2). It really isn't hard to understand why the club have done this.

lancs blue said:
Skashion said:

None of them applied all to one match, that is true. But we've had weekend games and still poor attendances, we've had games on ESPN, still poor attendances. Don't buy the consecutive games point because there's only Kiev midweek to break up the consecutive streak. So, yeah, it's a quarter-final but for anyone following the cup attendances this year knows that the usual later rounds equals higher attendances hasn't applied, as mentioned above, including Villa, which was on ESPN, and was about 10k short of our group Europa League attendances, which were all midweek, all similarly priced, and all on either Channel 5 or ITV7000 (freeview). Clearly, the City fans have prioritised the Europa League this season.

Just moved back from level 1 South to usual seats in 305.

Level 1 cost £15 and the girl on the phone says she owes me a £2.50 refund per ticket to move back to level 3 which are £17.50.

Confused.!!

As long as we get in!!

bluewigmcfc said:
are opening both level 3's or just east stand 1st ?

Can`t make the Sunday game,but just phoned and bought 2 tickets for the Dynamo Game.No problem,but no doubt there will be thousands left for this game with the 6.00 pm KO !!
Asked ref L3 for Reading and they are ONLY opening East L3 and NOT CB3 !!

All of EL3 is now open.

I just called and moved my tickets back there from where I had booked. They even refunded me the difference as I was in a £25 seat.

Ticketline put me straight through to customer services who took about 5 mins to answer the call.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.