reading tickets selling fast {merged}

Hadfield blue - I sent an e-mail to supporter services last Thursday querying the decision, no reply. I've just put together a letter to Garry Cook making similar points to yours, I doubt it'll reach him but if I get a response it will be interesting to see how far up the food chain it gets.

lancs blue said:
Hadfield blue - I sent an e-mail to supporter services last Thursday querying the decision, no reply. I've just put together a letter to Garry Cook making similar points to yours, I doubt it'll reach him but if I get a response it will be interesting to see how far up the food chain it gets.

The more people who tell them the better,say nothing and it will continue,though i doubt it will change!!

hadfield blue said:
lancs blue said:

The more people who tell them the better,say nothing and it will continue,though i doubt it will change!!

It won't. The system will not provide for an easy way of delivering that and it would be an administration nightmare. I don't know why fans want to make an issue about this, it's not YOUR seat, it's guaranteed for PL games. Subject to meeting other criteria you get A SEAT for cup games.

hadfield blue said:
Here is an email i sent this morning
No reply yet,but what a joke this has become

To: supporterservices@mcfc.co.ukCc: "MCFC Box Office" <Tickets@mcfc.co.uk>

Good morning

Customer number XXXXXX

Well its not a good morning to be a season ticket holder in level 3 of the East stand!

I have held my season ticket for over 30 years and have never felt this strongly about an issue
I bought my ticket for the Reading cup game,online,for £15 in level 3,as you sent me a text to do so
I then get another text and email explaining I had to relocate as the 3rd tier was closed,and i would have to pay an extra £2.50 for the pleasure of sitting in a cheaper seat!
I was told if i did not relocate by Monday I would be automatically put in the North stand!
I spent 30 mins on the phone
I emailed the club(see below) stating my concerns
I agreed I would move to level 1 east stand
I emailed the club stating if the 3rd tier opened I wanted first choice of my seat
I then go online and find level 3 is open!!!!!
I phoned up to claim my OWN seat,to be told its been sold!
It beggers belief,that the loyal,supporters like myself(i bought my 2 friends there tickets also,cust numbers xxxxxx + xxxxxx) are treated this way
You sell the cheaper tickets to your most loyal supporters,then sell OUR seats to any joe bloggs who decide that they want to come now its "near the final"
It should be us season ticket holders who get the best seats not the other way round
What benifits do you get purchasing early?
You are treating us like mugs,"oh they will sit anywhere"
Oh i forgot to tell you,look at your records,i have attended all cup games at home,and get treated like this?
Then guess what you email me a survey this morning, THE CHEEK OF IT
Well its about time you listened,as if this continues,you will only be left with "Joe bloggs" as the loyal fans who you mess about will be long gone

You should say the 3rd tier is closed,but if supply out strips demand, ie all tickets are sold in the lower tiers,season tickets from level 3 will get there own seat back ,then offer the seats vacated by level 3 season tickets holders(who will move from the lower levels) to go back on general sale
Its not hard to work out is it?

The Lady on the ticket office phone was very polite and understood my issue,and dealt with it as best she could
She was only doing her job,so i know her hands were tied
I am now in the 3rd tier but not MY seat
You need to sort this out ASAP
I hope the same does not happen for the Euro game,or if we get through,the next round of the europe?
Please reply to all the points raised,as previous emails(below) have been ignored

Very Annoyed

Subject: Reading
To: Tickets@mcfc.co.uk
Date: Friday, 4 March, 2011, 12:27

Hello
I have bought my ticket for level 3 in the east stand £15
My customer number is XXXXXX
I also bought my friends tickets XXXXXX+ XXXXXX £15 each
I have since recieved an email and text saying i need to relocate?
I phoned up to be told phone back on Saturday?
If you decide to open the 3rd tier,do i get the choice to relocate back to my season ticket seat,as i have bought my ticket for £15 for MY seat,not anywhere else

What's so special about YOUR seat? Couldn't you just relocate to a seat near where your ST seat is and save yourself/the club all this hassle?

I have posted previuosly that there are teams with bigger allocations to sell than ours (rags,arsenal,newcastle) do they have the same problems if not why not look at how they operate and then improve on that and introduce that at city because in years to come we will have a major dash for tickets and alot of people are going to be disappointed if a new system is not implemented in the close season

I personally have never had a problem getting tickets but can understand where people are coming from

At the start of next week (hopefully) tickets for wembly will go on sale and if last year is anything to go by 32,000+ blues are going to be ringing the ticket office for tickets and with that i can see nothing but problems

just heard from a source that for the spurs game the singing section is being moved to the rear of el3 as the club are interested if the acoustics will be enhanced and whether the stand can tolerate the full force of a good old poznan.As a measure of goodwill the club will allow each participant 50% off his first pint (first 10 customers only)Anybody swearing,standing,in possession of an inflatable or appearing to be enjoying themselves however will be ejected from ground immediately and given a lifetime banning order.As the game gets nearer there will be a gradual decrease in the cost of entry and its free if you can be bothered turning up on the day.Gary cook says if anyones goin his way after the match hes got room for too small ones in the back!

the frustrating thing for me is, we are a mixed group from an oap to a 5 year old, sitting in tier 3 suits our needs, we can all see the match without constantly standing, and we can all sit together.

none of us like tier one, and yet despite going to all the cup games, the club have felt the need to piss about with seats and prices, initially allocating us seats in the front of the north stand, which is in no way comparable to our present view.

the obsession with packing out the bottom tiers is ideal for some, but if you are a 4 foot nothing 5 year old the chance of seeing the match in a lot of areas goes out of the window.

Skashion said:
xmusampa said:
always expect the unexpected!
Do it on your own dollar then. The club has costs to bear if it has to open the third tier and there isn't enough demand to require it open. You'd be asking the club to subsidise your viewing preferences.

so why is it opening the 3rd tier then!

my gripe was that for booking my tx early i was penalised as i paid more ie £25 whereas i could have waited and paid £17.50 for an equally good view.how is this right clever clogs?

fathellensbellend said:
the frustrating thing for me is, we are a mixed group from an oap to a 5 year old, sitting in tier 3 suits our needs, we can all see the match without constantly standing, and we can all sit together.

none of us like tier one, and yet despite going to all the cup games, the club have felt the need to piss about with seats and prices, initially allocating us seats in the front of the north stand, which is in no way comparable to our present view.

the obsession with packing out the bottom tiers is ideal for some, but if you are a 4 foot nothing 5 year old the chance of seeing the match in a lot of areas goes out of the window.

Mate, I was on the 4th row of L1 for the Villa game. I moved just for the hell of it! I'm usually at the back of L2. It was different, at the other end you're willing a striker to shoot yet he's not even crossed the halfway line. It's different and not for me but I guarantee that your lad will love it, being so close to the players taking corners, hearing the noise as boots and legs collide, the thud of the ball, David Silva swearing in English. My lad thought it was a great place to watch the game. And people don't tend to stand up that much lower down.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.