reading tickets selling fast {merged}

Skashion said:
Didsbury Dave said:
There have been four quarter finals at COMS since it opened, in all the competitions, and every one of them has pulled a gate significantly higher than the 36,000 which was originally planned for. And our gates are significantly higher now than they were then. Every single one of those quarter final attendances has been greater than our average league attendance at the time.
The problem with that argument is if you look at the previous round before those quarter-finals and you'll see that the attendance was higher than the sub-26k we pulled in against Villa. One of those matches was also Hamburg, £5 adults, and a quid for kids.

Totally irrelevant point. Our cup attendances overall have remained broadly in line with each other, as a percentage of average attendances.

Every Blue with any knowledge of the club knew instinctively that this would sell more than 36K.

Liverpool got 40.000 plus for a 6.00 pm midweek evening kick off, we are struggling to sell out a weekend FA Cup quarter final, mmmmmmmmm

GStar said:
to label it a "fuck up" etc is simply ignorant.

The fact that there are so many unhappy customers proves this is a fuck up, without even going further than the rationale behind the thinking.

I reckon they've been inundated with complaints and I'm surprised the MEN aren't running it.

Didsbury Dave said:
Skashion said:
The problem with that argument is if you look at the previous round before those quarter-finals and you'll see that the attendance was higher than the sub-26k we pulled in against Villa. One of those matches was also Hamburg, £5 adults, and a quid for kids.

Totally irrelevant point. Our cup attendances overall have remained broadly in line with each other, as a percentage of average attendances.

Every Blue with any knowledge of the club knew instinctively that this would sell more than 36K.

Barging straight past you trying yet again to call people stupid.

if you look at the previous round before those quarter-finals and you'll see that the attendance was higher than the sub-26k we pulled in against Villa

completely contradicts

Our cup attendances overall have remained broadly in line with each other, as a percentage of average attendances

I wouldn't say looking at a percentage of average attendences is relevent in any way, any they deffinately haven't been consistent from round to round.

We got more for Hamburg (pre QF) than we did for West Ham (QF) - 8k more according to this thread.

fathellensbellend said:
Skashion said:
Disagree. I'm not seeing where they fucked up at all. Just because the club underestimated demand doesn't mean it's a fuck up. That they thought we couldn't assuredly get 36k was based on sound reasoning i.e. that our previous three home FA Cup ties failed to break the 30k mark even when the opposition brought 5k with them.

we got 39000 v west ham with 4 selling days and on a monday night, 46000 v arsenal in the league cup on a wednesday night, 38000 v tottenham on a wednesday night, and 47000 v hamburg also midweek, all 1/4 finals.

so considering you say there is no evidence, i would suggest quite the opposote.

Wait a minute. A vegetable like me knew there was going to be 'massive' demand.

So why couldn't 50, 100k Execs at City?

Since when did everything have to be explained to Gary Cook using graphs, pie charts and surveys?

"GARY!"

"What?"

"It's going to be over 40k."(mate)

"All seats and blocks £17.50."

"Now!"

"Yes Gary"

COMMON F***ING SENSE.

Didsbury Dave said:

How is it totally irrelevant?

Didsbury Dave said:
Skashion said:

It's the same point that both sets of fans are making that both clubs have significantly underestimated the demand for this match
Just wondering whether our decision to turn down our allocation and only take 2,800 would have had any bearing on your clubs thinkingthat demand may not be there for this game.

Didsbury Dave said:
GStar said:
to label it a "fuck up" etc is simply ignorant.

The fact that there are so many unhappy customers proves this is a fuck up, without even going further than the rationale behind the thinking.

I reckon they've been inundated with complaints and I'm surprised the MEN aren't running it.

I haven't counted on here, but i bet there's not even 100 complainers in this thread... so i'd say it proves nothing. Other than as is often, a few vocalists can shout loudly.

There's probably a reson the MEN aren't running it, and that's because pretty much everyone who's been to the cup games so far has got their ticket... along with a good 10k more on top of that.

Happy Feet said:
Liverpool got 40.000 plus for a 6.00 pm midweek evening kick off, we are struggling to sell out a weekend FA Cup quarter final, mmmmmmmmm
nowhere near struggling

Happy Feet said:
they have a much bigger fan base, from all over the uk and beyond. same as the rags.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.