reading tickets selling fast {merged}

Re: reading tickets selling fast

Currently been sitting on hold for 15 minutes. Just found out that I've been relocated from CB3 to North Stand tier fucking one. On my own.

I can just about handle being relocated but not to the shittest seats in the fucking ground.

Some ridiculous decision making going on at City with regards to ticketing policy.

Didsbury Dave said:
Currently been sitting on hold for 15 minutes. Just found out that I've been relocated from CB3 to North Stand tier fucking one. On my own.

I can just about handle being relocated but not to the shittest seats in the fucking ground.

Some ridiculous decision making going on at City with regards to ticketing policy.

bit out of order imo, but no worries you may be next to crusty the clown, i hear you get a free james bond gun set in that section, have a nice day :-( oh and a free invite to the teenage easter disco

reading tickets selling fast

GazC said:
SWP's back said:
If our fans had bothered to turn up in earlier rounds then we wouldn't have this problem though mate.

Even if there is only 27,000 at a game, why shouldn't they be allowed to sit where they want?

I agree! So what if the ground looks half empty! Or is it a money saving action to not open tier 3

Hi there, Reading fan here.

We only asked for 2,800 due idiots running our club, similar situation to what I read here about underestimating demand.

They rationalised that we only took about this number to Liverpool away last year and to West Brom and Everton away we took far less. However these were all midweek games.

I think the real reason is they had to request seats form both Villa and City after the draw and the feared a replay tomorrow night that would leave them unable to sell 6,000 tickets in 3 days.

We starting selling this morning. We have a loyalty point system but is essentially open to only a few today and then a free for all online from midnight tonight.

They realised they'd messed up and asked city for more but they said no as you'd already sold south stand tickets to your own fans and the police wouldn't lets us in an unused area.

Reading laid on free coach travel I think to placate fans who make it into the 2,800 but its not gone down well on the whole as it will just add to demand.

Hands up that we normally have a small travelling support but Readings a bigish place with only one club and we have taken 40 odd thousand to lower league play off finals, the part time fans wake up when your 90 minutes form wembley and we're angry that no one realised that.

Personally I'm bitter as I assumed we would get at least 4,500 and that I would have enough loyalty points so I booked travel and a hotel. I then randomly thuoght why not, bought two memberships of the scum down the road and have now been drawn out of the hat to watch Manure v Arsenal.

Ironic and bitter. What the chances of City opening the thrid tiers? You may have a number of "neutrals" from Berkshire!

i think the club has been instructed to do this possibly to make it look bettter for the tv cameras, but if they dont open the level 3s they will be under selling the game and thats wrong

GazC said:
SWP's back said:
If our fans had bothered to turn up in earlier rounds then we wouldn't have this problem though mate.

Even if there is only 27,000 at a game, why shouldn't they be allowed to sit where they want?

Because it does indeed create a better atmosphere, something which most fans care about and the subject of many moaning threads on here.

The club can have open, whatever it wants for cup matches, a SC does not guarantee your seat for anything other than league games.

I am all for what the club have done, though I do hope demand dictates that Level 3 gets opened.

the online booking facility has crashed due to volume of traffic. i've already booked my reading ticket but want a kiev ticket so there must be plenty of fans trying to book either or both.

marco said:
Marvin said:
Half of the North Stand Level 2 has already gone so I estimate there are between 1,500 & 2,000 tickets left, with the 3rd tier to come on line. But has most of the demand gone? Depends on whether the season ticket holders have bought their tickets. \the club will know this, I hope. We can't tell.

I wonder why Reading didn't ask for 6k

dont think reading could sell 6k, ive heard in the fa cup if say reading took 6k and only sold 3k they would still have to pay for the full 6k, this is why they have taken a reduced amout, up untill today they have only sold 2.5k, and thats with the free busses the club has laid on for them

Our tickets didn't go on sale until 9am this morning and you're quite right the tickets weren't on sale or return so the club have tried to protect themselves which has now massively backfired.

SWP's back said:
GazC said:

Because it does indeed create a better atmosphere, something which most fans care about and the subject of many moaning threads on here.

The club can have open, whatever it wants for cup matches, a SC does not guarantee your seat for anything other than league games.

I am all for what the club have done, though I do hope demand dictates that Level 3 gets opened.

Fair enough, I suppose they can't please everybody. Going back to your last post though, had we sold out any of the other cup games we wouldn't even be having this discussion now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.