reading tickets selling fast {merged}

Re: reading tickets selling fast

JoeMercer'sWay said:
why aren't reading getting the big allocation?

got mine for 118 and my Kyiv ticket for 111, £27.50 altogether, bargain!.

Reading only asked for the normal away allocation - 2,800.

See their website - halfway down the page under "Our allocation";-

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/TicketNews/0,,10306~2308304,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/TicketN ... 04,00.html</a>

Afternoon all,

Several reasons why the club went for the 2,800 allocation. Naturally, as a small club, we don't have a large away following [as stated on the previous posters link] and considering the way Man City were offering the sale of tickets to Reading FC [no resale back to City] - Reading felt that it was best to opt for a smaller total but offering free travel - rather than a large allocation with no free travel. We are only taking a couple of hundred to Ipswich tomorrow [but then who would pay for shit seats at £31-36 to help pay off ITFC debt!].

Sadly, the club didn't consult our supporters' trust who would have advised getting a large allocation [hence why you'll see more of us venture on to these boards to suss out home fan demand for the game].

Our forum expects to sell out the allocation this time tomorrow once the band for tickets drop and those with friends with fewer royalty points can book seats together.

Just been checking the availability of tickets in our allocation and the home ends [purely curiosity driven ;)].

Sad to see such a great club not quite draw the fans in - not meant in a vindictive way, a Reading Fan can't through stones on such topics as size of support!

PS. Whatever happens, please don't allow Chelsea win the title.

PPS All the best, well, so long as we spring a surprise!!

Oh and I hope Silva/Tevez etc get those slimming tablets I sent in the post, ta!

re: Reading's allocation/ turn-out

4.45pm on a fucking sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This has clearly had a big impact too and if it was a saturday afternoon then Reading would doubtless bring more than they would for a late sunday ko. The same is true of City fans based further afield too.

But as usual the match going fan is bottom of the list as the FA and their TV cronies concentrate on money and their own convenience. Fuck the fans eh?!

..then of course some rags on the commentary team will doubtless go on about how we couldn't sell out the stadium for such an important game blah blah blah

The FA is slowly killing the game it is supposed to support and represent through incompetence, bias and sheer greed.

And they wonder why the romance of the cup is apparently being lost.......... ycmiu

I'm a little disappointed that City, having had this forced upon them, didn't counteract the impact of such an unattractive time for a game. and 'do a Hamburg' to fill the stadium and ensure the best possible atmosphere for a game that may see us through to our first FAC SF in 30 long years.

Just the way things are I know but that don't make it right.

Rant over.

Balti said:

This has clearly had a big impact too and if it was a saturday afternoon then Reading would doubtless bring more than they would for a late sunday ko. The same is true of City fans based further afield too.

But as usual the match going fan is bottom of the list as the FA and their TV cronies concentrate on money and their own convenience. Fuck the fans eh?!

..then of course some rags on the commentary team will doubtless go on about how we couldn't sell out the stadium for such an important game blah blah blah

The FA is slowly killing the game it is supposed to support and represent through incompetence, bias and sheer greed.

And they wonder why the romance of the cup is apparently being lost.......... ycmiu

I'm a little disappointed that City, having had this forced upon them, didn't counteract the impact of such an unattractive time for a game. and 'do a Hamburg' to fill the stadium and ensure the best possible atmosphere for a game that may see us through to our first FAC SF in 30 long years.

Rant over.

It is a daft time, especially for the Reading fans.

Monday night games are the worst though, whoever invented that needs shooting.

Balti said:

Rant over.

I agree with a lot of that and the kick-off time is bizarre to say the least. However, it's not the most inconvenient kick-off time ever. I'd say Monday night 8PM kick-offs are far worse and fans of Premier League clubs have had to put up with those for nigh on 20 years. Generally speaking, getting to Manchester for a 4.45PM kick-off on a Sunday should be considerably easier than getting here for an 8PM kick-off on a Monday for fans travelling long distances, not just in terms of traffic but also in terms of many people not needing to book time off work.<br /><br />-- Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:30 pm --<br /><br />
PSmyth07 said:
Balti said:

Rant over.

It is a daft time, especially for the Reading fans.

Monday night games are the worst though, whoever invented that needs shooting.

You got there before me lol.

One advantage of CL qualification is that it leaves fewer opportunities for us to be shifted to the Monday night slot.

Absolutely agree. Plenty of trains home on Sunday evening for us though unlike in midweek when driving is mandatory.

However worries over replay dates and late timings led us to request so few tickets. If every game was 3pm on Saturday then we would not have had this problem as the replays could be midweek, not the initial ties!

Balti said:

I dislike the FA as much as anyone, but their hands where surely tied with the Sunday KO due to us playing in Kiev on Thursday night.

looks like there's still loads of tickets left..........

kTcjx.png

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.