Real Madrid (A) | CL | Post Match Thread

Gotta remember though that silva started playing regularly in the midfield for city towards his late 20’s/early 30’s. By then it’s expected that he would know how to fully use his body.

Give Phil 2-3 seasons and he’ll be able to make up for his size like silva/bernie.

Yep from what he’s shown so far you’d not back against it

I think we will see that left foot arrow plenty more into the top corner for a good few years

We weren't tonight, had madrid been able to shoot, we could easily have been 4 or 5-1 down before Phil equalised, some of their efforts were pretty lame.

We had little control in the game despite the possession we had, constantly giving the ball away, only for them to give it back. I've seen comments about how great a game it was, can't say I agreed, both teams gave the ball away a lot.

I thought for long periods we played like we were 2 or 3 players short of 11. I might have to watch it again, to see if I just got taken in by the game, but I didn't think we were anywhere near "awesome" tonight.

Great result in the end.
I disagree with you. You're talking "if this, if that". "we could have been down".....fact is we possessed the ball way more than a world class team with our talisman missing at their ground in front of their immense support. We have just played 2 intense games and travelled to London compared to their 9 days off.

I can't put into words how proud I am of our boys tonight. We were the better team. How any City fan can knock that performance over there I scratch my head. I respect your opinion though but I completely disagree.

Well done Pep and everyone at City.

I agree… when you look at that liverpool squad… most of their players are bang average and that’s the only compliment I’m giving Klopp
We play to a system that was in place from the kids to the first team when pellagrini was manager.
I think we'll always play this way.
The dippers play to one man ..klipperty.
When he fucks off I think it'll be as close to bacon face leaving the scum.

I would have took a draw beforehand.
Should/could have won.
We move on.
Thoughts from the game:
1) We controlled that game. RM quality no doubt in some areas but, IMHO came across as the plucky underdogs.
2) Kovacic could be Gundo’s replacement.
3) First 2 RM goals - 1980/1990 City conceded goals personified.
4) Gvardiol is learning the Pep way.
5) How much do the dippers and scum hate the fact that tonight yet another truly epic involved City.
6) Modric is a player. On a par for me with El Mago

CTID.
As you were.

I don't mind you criticisms but think you're dead wrong. I suggested leaving Erl on the bench for this one but I can see how he occupied Rudiger tonight. Phil didn't struggle tonight, he was up against some of the worlds best and he eventually overcame them with a worldie.
Pep said in his post match that Phil struggled to get in the game before his goal but what does he know eh? Yes Erling may have occupied Rudiger but is it wrong to expect a bit more from him? Love the guy but he has a lot to improve in his all round game. Enjoy your evening.

Pep said in his post match that Phil struggled to get in the game before his goal but what does he know eh? Yes Erling may have occupied Rudiger but is it wrong to expect a bit more from him? Love the guy but he has a lot to improve in his all round game. Enjoy your evening.
OK mate I didn't see Peps post match interview so if he said that then I am wrong and you right, fair do's mate.

It must have been good they showed it in the BBC News at Ten lead in! They never show our goals until the Sports Report and even then grudgingly so tonight's was a joy to see....mind you they did say England's Phil Foden but I'll take what I can get for us. :-)
They can’t help themselves can they.. any other English player and it would be club not country. Small steps I guess.
Still.. City are massive!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.