Real Madrid (A) | CL | Post Match Thread

Thing is i dont really understand what they were complaining about, there was nothing contentious in the game, he gave them 90% of the fouls they asked for.
They were complaining that the ref blew the final whistle (correctly, I might add, on +4 mins exactly), despite the fact they had a throw in quite near our corner flag! That's how desperate they became!

He also did the same thing in the first half....blew for half time when they were 'sort of' on the attack.

It's called straw clutching ;)

So very proud of this team. Let’s not forget this was just a dream 20 years ago.
Privileged not entitled.
Love this Club.
We were the better team last night, maybe only just but we definitely had more control of the game and restricted Madrid to just making counter attacks. I wasn’t nervous watching it, knowing it’s a two legged affair and the aim is always to just stay in the tie after the first game. I would have taken a one goal deficit back home, and would not have ruled us out of overturning a 2 goal lead.

Absolutely thrilled with a draw.

Next week will be the game of the season.

I found it very strange that a team as famous as Real should revert to PL tactics to try to beat us. 11 across the back, fake injuries and try to get players booked. Good job we had a decent referee for a change.
Completely agree...though I'm still not sure how both Camavinga & Bellingham got away without being booked.

For sure that must have been a request to go easy on the bookings....especially the 4 already on yellows....obviously Tchouameni gave him absolutely zero choice, even after just 1 minute!
But in normal circumstances, the other two would have defo been booked.

Great result, we are so dodgy at the back but then again two deflected goals means we were unlucky. They are a team I just dislike, if that’s how they act every week in La Liga no wonder they win most years, they get away with the most blatant cheating, however the ref was excellent even though I think he could have carded a few more of their players. Overall a great result, next week will not be as easy as last year I think.

ps Modric has to be one of the best players to play the game, what is he 100 and he still is class

There are some serious Muppets on here. It saddens me to read their negative posts. For me our boys did us proud against one of the worlds best teams, in an intimidating stadium.
Well done I say to our warriors in blue. It’s only half time, but fight like that again and history will remember this brilliant squad of players, supporting the best manager off all time.
One day this incredible run of ours will stop. Enjoy this period in our history because I doubt it will last forever.
This team give me goosebumps amazing CTID

I'm guilty of it as in being to critical of our players at times and it's all because Pep has made our expectations so high!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.