Real Madrid (A) | CL | Post Match Thread

It shows how incredible this team is when going to the Bernabeu in CL quarter final and not dominating for 90 minutes, restricting Madrid to zero chances and winning with ease is deemed a poor performance.

Personally I thought we were exceptional in terms of dealing with the specific circumstances of that match.

That’s how you win big trophies.
We didnt win

Magnificent performance from the entire team, 3 superb goals, the pick was Josko's. What a time to open your account son!

Bernie and especially Jack were brilliant, sad grealish suspended for 2nd leg.

Madrid though, what absolute mega cunts. Izzy on the City app called out Bellingham on his England performance too, entitled dickhead.

Let's take these handkerchief waving, tax dodging, shit housing Franco supporting bullyboys on next week and send 'em out on the privileged arses. Again.
Huh? Where did you get the bit about Grealish being suspended for the second leg?

Jack did draw Tchouameni into a challenge which got him a yellow card and suspended for the second leg, though.

A Champions League classic and the pendulum swung back and forth.

Overall we were the better side but Madrid are top quality and can score at any moment.

I've seen criticism of Ortega but I thought he was very solid in his distribution and all round play. Nothing he could do on the goals.

Akanji got better as the game wore on. Grealish our best player and, generally, great contributions from the whole squad to deliver a result we'd have snapped your hand off for before the match.

Magnificent performance from the entire team, 3 superb goals, the pick was Josko's. What a time to open your account son!

Bernie and especially Jack were brilliant, sad grealish suspended for 2nd leg.

Madrid though, what absolute mega cunts. Izzy on the City app called out Bellingham on his England performance too, entitled dickhead.

Let's take these handkerchief waving, tax dodging, shit housing Franco supporting bullyboys on next week and send 'em out on the privileged arses. Again.
Only Dias was already on a yellow, so no City absentees through cards in the second leg.

Back home and broken. I’m getting too old for all day sessions.

They were up for it, we weren’t enough in the first half. 2nd was much more measured if a bit sloppy at times. But we showed great steel to not just stay in the game but look like we’d win it for a spell. Most teams would have crumbled, shut up shop and tried to stifle them at the expense of their own game. Credit where it’s due.

We really need a plan for Haaland. I see a lot of people saying he keeps a centre half busy, sometimes two, but that’s surely not all we need from him? We’re sacrificing a real poacher if that’s our plan. We have to get him into the game more and for me the only way we do that is playing faster so he has the ball on the turn with the defender. 628 sideways passes before trying to pick him out in the box is hurting us. Anyway, I digress…

I’d have taken a draw before the game as would most but to score 3 in the way we did was excellent. Two of theirs could have gone absolutely anywhere but they ended up in the net. A worldie for their 3rd.

Again, a big call out for Jack. He’s a wonderful player and really gives us a lot of control. I’d love to see him bag a few more goals, hopefully an injury free run until the end of the season. I want to see him on a 4 day bender again!!!

Bellingham is a twat.

Well done blues. Let’s see what Saturday brings

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.