Real Madrid (A) - CL R16 Post Match thread

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by aguero93:20, 26 Feb 2020.

1. Taza

Taza

Great Turn out for the lads last night City fans sang their hearts out, did you notice all the City fans in the corner celebrating when Kev scored :)

GaudinoMotors likes this.
  2. shemnel

shemnel

very very good result, and a wonderful performance. All players did well, praise for Jesus, De Bruyne and Gundogan in particular.

i was convinced they would chalk of Jesus's goal for a 'push'

3. blueinsa

blueinsa

That was for you Tebas you utter twat.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. blueinsa

blueinsa

One will be Conn the fucking turncoat!

5. spacecadet

spacecadet

I did too mate, that said I have been pushed harder in the queue at Asda.

ZanteWeatherman and wahablue like this.
  6. dublinblue12

dublinblue12

Well they only spent over 300 million in the summer this year . Not bad for a team operating at a loss. Their 100m + bench warmer signed in 2013 failed to make an impact when he came on so we were lucky.

BrianW likes this.
  7. Uffa

Uffa

Team supported:
    Juventus
    Ok watching it now online (BT commentary) because last night I watched our own disgraceful game instead:

1st half impressions:
    I first read the Real fans' banner as "menstrual"
    • how pleasant to watch two teams who can actually pass the ball, it's curing my eyes
    • that McManamann guy is from Liverpool right? It's one of the few accents I can place. Every time I get him on a game I'm watching he's a twat though, he ruins the commentary for me
    • City have been dangerous on occasions but I'd say Real have had the better chances in this half. City seem very comfortable though. Very enjoyable game.

InSaneintheMembrane likes this.
  8. Saddleworth2

Saddleworth2

Great win for the mighty blues. Maybe a season defining win. I have seen us play far better but seldom have we worked as hard and so disciplined. The one black spot was Laporte and cross fingers he is back soon. His face coming off hinted that might not be the case though.
    Gabby was everywhere last night and showed Salah how to handle a bully like Ramos. He looked like he would make a very good wing back too. Kev and Fern were both magnificent and I wonder if that performance will see Kev as full time capitain next season. Showed everyone how to take a penalty. Walker was great if not faultless, Mendy was fine too (I didn’t get the criticism of him last night). Raz made a difference when he came on.
    What a great game football would be if the refereeing was at that standard consistently.
    Thought RM were pretty ordinary for an elite club. We will need to go up another gear to go deeper but a very good team performance.

9. ManCityX

ManCityX

Is it just me or was the VAR much better and more efficient in these European games than in the league?

10. mrtwiceaseason

mrtwiceaseason

Worth noting the city board members came out at the end and applauded the fantastic support last night