Real Madrid (A) CL Semi Final 2nd Leg - Wed 4th May, 20:00 (BST) | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going to be the most physically challenged game of the season so far. If I was Pep I would just do one light session of training on the Tuesday morning, let the players rest today and Monday. We need to be fresh in this game so rest is the key
I don't think it will be too physical. If the players handle the pressure of the occasion they will be fine.

We've just got to finish our chances this time, i don't expect them to suddenly become more of a defensive unit especially with that back four

Who can forget Kevin Keegan playing Faustino Asprilla at wing back for Newcastle? He already had to accommodate Alan Shearer and Les Ferdinand up front not to mention Peter Beardsley and David Ginola.
SWP had a great season at RWB under Keegan.

I think we have a problem on the right side. Cancelo is back and that's great news but he's not as good as Walker defensively. He also supports a lot the attack and Vinicius can take advantage of that. Beyond that, Mahrez will probably play with him on the right side and while he is one of our best players for sure, he isn't very good defending. In this case I would have preferred Jesus on the right to help Cancelo.

Ederson
Cancelo
Dias
Laporte
Zin/ Ake
Rodri
KDB
Bernardo
Jesus
Grealish
Foden

Last edited:
I'd probably go with this team too. Sterling did well on Saturday in terms of work rate, don't want to see him in any one on one situations though.
He will miss at least three one on one's and then bend a 20 yarder into the top corner he can go from the sublime to the ridiculous in minutes , but his sublime moments far outweigh his ridiculous moments , his all round contirbution is also sometimes not appreciated. Said it before , if he could finish chances with composure he would be world class

Ederson
Cancelo , Dias , Laporte , Zinchenko
KDB , Rodri , Bernardo
Sterling , Jesus , Foden

Only picked Raheem ahead of Mahrez because we need energy , pace and closing down all of which Raheem is superior , also if we are needing a goal mahrez effects games from the bench , where as Raheem rarely does he needs time to get up to speed from the bench.
Supremely confident after the first game because we could have had double figures on another night and the madrid crowd will urging their side on and to over commit and we will pick them off in transition
Expecting a Guardiola tactical masterclass i.e dont fix something that isnt broken.
On one hand you say you are extremely confident after the first game because we could have had double figures and on the other, suggest Pep selects a different team followed by expecting Pep not trying to fix something that isn't broken.

I'm thinking Pep will want someone on the right who will consistently track back to help cover Vinicius, so Raz over Mahrez, however as Mahrez didn't play against Lids I'm probably way off. I'd like Ake in at left back but as he's gone off injured twice in a row its probably going to be Zin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.