Real Madrid (A) CL Semi Final 2nd Leg - Wed 4th May, 20:00 (BST) | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ederson
Cancelo
Dias
Laporte
Zinchenko
Rodri
Bernardo
Kdb
Foden
Sterling
Jesus

Think the only real debate given the condition of the squad is sterling or mahrez. I'd go with sterling because Madrid have to go for it and his pace on the transition will give them more worries and I think he suits the high intensity the other two of the front 3 will instill. He's also more of a help defensively with vinicius and mendy on that side
I agree, but the fact that Sterling played on Saturday rather than Mahrez suggests it will be Mahrez. Did Ake go off on Saturday because of his injury or because Pep wanted him fresh for Madrid?

I think we have a problem on the right side. Cancelo is back and that's great news but he's as good as Walker defensively. He also supports a lot the attack and Vinicius can take advantage of that. Beyond that, Mahrez will probably play with him on the right side and while he is one of our best players for sure, he isn't very good defending. In this case I would have preferred Jesus on the right to help Cancelo.

Ederson
Cancelo
Dias
Laporte
Zin/ Ake
Rodri
KDB
Bernardo
Jesus
Grealish
Foden
Presumably you meant to say that Cancelo is NOT as good defensively as Walker. As for selecting Grealish despite Mahrez having been specifically rested for the tie, you cannot be serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.