Real Madrid (A) CL Semi Final 2nd Leg - Wed 4th May, 20:00 (BST) | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point , Gundogan is one of the best for keeping the ball but not sure if Pep should change the team that much because apart from our finishing we played superbly last week , and it was our pressing that put the shits up 'em.
Gundogan has a back injury and it is quite evident he is struggling in games. Ilkay won't start on Wednesday he will be on the bench.

The bloke thinks he's a top football strategist Foggy, I muted him ages ago, because he just doesn't get it as far as I'm concerned.

He's probably a lovely lad with a very good understanding of the game, but as I see it, he's another example of a fan watching from afar, following City because of Pep Guardiola, and having no idea of what it means to have been a 'traditional' English football supporter for donkey's years.

I may be wrong, and he may be a long-standing Blue from Levenshulme who moved abroad recently, but I doubt it.
If someone is a Blue it doesn’t matter what nationality they are or where they live, surely. We all have different opinions about the team but we’re all Blues.

I don’t understand why people have such extreme opinions on the matter and will stop at nothing to argue why we must throw the competition that they like the least. I have no clue what they are trying to prove. I’m looking forward to the Madrid game and I’m looking forward to the Newcastle game. Edgy I know, but I care very deeply about us winning both of them.

I agree completely, but I'm not sure rational arguments can convince fans with such opinions. If we win the CL, they may change their minds, but not before that.

Take, for instance, the argument that the CL is a corrupt competition. Well, City tend to have more problems with officials in England than in Europe. If the PL is less corrupt, why do the 50/50 decisions go Liverpool's way when we play them? Why do United get so many pens? Imo, the PL isn't less corrupt. The big clubs, especially the red clubs, are treated differently.

However, people are free to prefer one competition over another competition. It's their free choice. Diversity of opinions is ultimately a good thing.

It isn’t a joke, it’s a group stage, if everyone performs poorly, you’ll go through with an underwhelming number. We lost 2 games in the group stage, we weren’t particularly brilliant either

The way some people go over the top, out of their way to claim they prefer the PL over the CL, bores me to death
I wasn't saying anything about preference I didn't even mention the word preference. I hope we win both competitions.

All I said was the best side wins the Premier League. Which sometimes isn't the case in the Champions League, Numerous times over the years the best team in the Champions League didn't win the competition.

In a 38 game period the side who finishes top deserves to lift the title.

Sterling closes down quicker and has more energy , not a slight on Mahrez just different players with different attributes , but my comment is mainly in reference to the tactics , the personnel can change but as Pep has been accused of in the past overthinking it is a definite worry , if we dont fix something that isnt broken then there is only one winner.
Sterling?Mahrez a valid conversation...other 5 not much to debate...still holding out hope that Walker is fit to play...

I wasn't saying anything about preference I didn't even mention the word preference. I hope we win both competitions.

All I said was the best side wins the Premier League. Which sometimes isn't the case in the Champions League, Numerous times over the years the best team in the Champions League didn't win the competition.

In a 38 game period the side who finishes top deserves to lift the title.
I think the Dippers will disagree with your last sentence if City win the League this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.