Real Madrid (A) Post Match Thread

A striker who wasn't a striker.

Outscoring Liverpool without a striker to speak of, winning titles in the process, suggests the lack of a striker is marginal gains at best and revisionism when it's required.

We scored five goals against Real Madrid.

We needed to score six just to take it to penalties.

That would suggest a mentality and a defensive problem, not a lack of goals in the team!
We had Aguero as well.

Unfortunately it's not just as simple as saying we scored 5 so that would suggest it's a defensive problem. We don't need a striker due to a lack of goals in the team we need a striker because everytime we attack the forward players look like what they are and that's a bunch of midfielders who can't do what a striker would. Did you see anybody last night playing off the shoulder trying to get in behind? Or did you see the same as me which was Kev & Foden chasing defenders to balls they was never going to get? This is why we need a striker.

Can someone explain to me why they don't just pause time when the ball goes out of play?
It'll stop all this time wasting shite.
Good point. Surely, independent of the referee, the game clock should be administered to take account of stoppages for whatever reason: player injury, ball out of play, etc. The technology is there and it would be accurate.
However, as all fans, we like more time when our team is losing and less when we are ahead!

we whacked out 100 million on a player in an area we are already overloaded. Then proceeded into the season without our main target a centre forward. And in them decisions the season will be defined. If we don't win the league the people behind them decisions should hang their heads in shame.

Yes the striker problem has hurt us, but I feel the left/back and cover is what we miss the most this season.
But it's not the right time to point fingers and play the blame game ? Losing does happen

We conceded 6 goals, the team is built to attack and we were found wanting defensively in both legs. Let's not forget that we fell away defensively against Liverpool in those two games as well. Perhaps we need full time full backs instead of midfield players in some games. All about finding a winning balance which is not easy, what works in the EPL obviously does not work in the CL. We need to adapt.

Thing which is troubling that at level scores - we only to score 1 goal in 30 minutes

It seemed the players or most of them forgot that - totally deflated

This makes me think of a Churchill quote just after he'd been defeated by Attlee in the 1945 General Election. His wife supposed to have said, consolingly, “Never mind, perhaps it's a blessing in disguise”. To which he is supposed to have replied, “Right at this moment, my dear, it seems to be very well disguised.”

I can’t believe what I witnessed last night mate. I doubt any of us could. Still in shock in all honesty! But at the end of the day we witnessed a crazy and brilliant semi final - sure some things could have gone better for us - but I couldn’t be any prouder of being a blue as I am this morning. Hope everyone - players and fans - can pick themselves up for a tough game at the weekend.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.