Real Madrid (A) Post Match Thread

We need to bring in at least 2 more players than we let leave this summer. Squad is not big enough. We could have used the academy more to manage the game time of senior players and to bring them to this point so that they’re not running on empty, but we seemingly have no intention of doing that. So if we go into next season with only 17 outfield players yet again, the board, Pep, anyone else that decides these things, have all failed.

It’s football - that’s why we love it.

This makes me think of a Churchill quote just after he'd been defeated by Attlee in the 1945 General Election. His wife supposed to have said, consolingly, “Never mind, perhaps it's a blessing in disguise”. To which he is supposed to have replied, “Right at this moment, my dear, it seems to be very well disguised.”

We used to be able to control games, just keep possession and see out games, now we keep trying to play beautiful football no matter what.
The players seem to lack a collection intelligence at times, sometimes i wonder if they are over coached
Nerves got the better of them i think that was the key factor

I always fear that if you pack your team with 10-goal-a-season midfielders (including at Centre Forward and Full Back) then City will always experience some strange results, with a lack of clinical finishing when it really matters, plus a lack of concentration from daydreaming defenders.

At the end of the day, that's why we lost a tie that we should have won comfortably

Just wasnt meant to be, still hard to take but thats football. At least we are spared going to a final with those murdering scumbags and the associated media love in. Win next four games and win the league and deny those twats the one thing they really want.

It’s dead right to feel deflated, scoring five against Madrid and not making a final is unbelievable, to restrict them to no shots on goal in 90 mins and lose is unbelievable, I know it’s football etc and if your names on it etc but cmon that was a killer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.