Real Madrid (A) Post Match Thread

if we had done what we did at the Wanda Metropolitano, we would be in the final right now. We were naïve and that's all there is to it. We could keep analyzing this game for the next 10 years but if we had held on to the ball, forced fouls and wasted some more time then we would be in the finals right now, its a missed opportunity and I hope we learn from that experience. There's a time to entertain the crowd and there's a time to end the show.

I can't get this ever circular argument with you.

You can't see Guardiola has stopped overthinking. Stopped over-tinkering. We're not talking about deep history as he's grown since then, so none of that is relevant except for a learning curve.

Guardiola has stated maybe he's not good enough to lead us forward, so you might get your wish after all?

However, Guardiola fights YOU as well as the media, it seems...

Maybe YOU should slap yourself awake. Hard.

I'm as guilty as anyone else of the old kneejerk reaction but some of the shite posted on here my 6 year old would be ashamed to write. We'll only realize what we had when its gone.

Mate, Wednesdays night defeat was not on Pep, last years final, Lyon the year before, you may have an argument.

Real's win was down to wasteful finishing in both games, poor individual defending and complacency, and lack of good fortune nothing more.

Cup competitions are not always won by the best teams, hence why I never got the love in for the English obsession with the FA Cup. Before the start of the Premier league, the winners of the FA Cup received more glory and accolades than the winners of the title, totally crazy!

Luck plays a huge part in winning cups, over the two Real Madrid ties we were stone cold out of luck.
Fair comment, but I think we started with a half fit De Bruyne on Wednesday purely in the hope of catching them cold. KDB and Foden made little or no impact after the first ten minutes, and with Mahrez anchored to the touchline as usual, we may as well have been playing with 10 men.

I think we should have taken a more patient approach by playing Gundogan and using KDB later in the game.

As you say, we were bang out of luck in the first game and should have been home and dry before the second leg. That said, you make your own luck, but playing a half fit KDB isn't going to help.

All in the past now though. I just want to win the PL!

Fair comment, but I think we started with a half fit De Bruyne on Wednesday purely in the hope of catching them cold. KDB and Foden made little or no impact after the first ten minutes, and with Mahrez anchored to the touchline as usual, we may as well have been playing with 10 men.

I think we should have taken a more patient approach by playing Gundogan and using KDB later in the game.

As you say, we were bang out of luck in the first game and should have been home and dry before the second leg. That said, you make your own luck, but playing a half fit KDB isn't going to help.

All in the past now though. I just want to win the PL!
Half fit KDB , Gundo ,Walker and a good few of the others but what was the alternatives?

We have a relatively small squad for the amount of games we play, and NO manager is going to throw young , inexperienced players into a game of that magnitude.

My wish is that he starts to motivate the players differently in this competition.

My opinion is and always was that he struggles with that in this tournament based on past games performance/results and at different clubs.

We weren’t eliminated because they didn’t play into a corner.

No, you're right, we're not eliminated cos we didn't play into a corner.

We're eliminated cos Real Madrid had a player on the pitch that shouldn't have been.

We're eliminated through Rodrigo miraculously heading a deflected ball into the top corner, he couldn't do in 500 attempts again, if he tried.

We're eliminated through the scraping a ball off the line from Grealish and we're eliminated by the minutest of touches off the studs of Courtois. But, also by an error in judgement for an unnecessary challenge from Dias.

Cheating and margins.

Nothing to do with motivation.

Half fit KDB , Gundo ,Walker and a good few of the others but what was the alternatives?

We have a relatively small squad for the amount of games we play, and NO manager is going to throw young , inexperienced players into a game of that magnitude.

That's a problem we've had for too long, but as it was Pep who said he was happy with the squad earlier in the season, I think the buck stops firmly on his desk.

That's a problem we've had for too long, but as it was Pep who said he was happy with the squad earlier in the season, I think the buck stops firmly on his desk.
Wow, Lavinda, I’m far from a ‘happy clapper’ but you are going for it these last few days!

I think the bonhomie of our decision makers, whilst with its positives, has seen us succeed, but has also left us disjointed and bereft squad wise in certain obvious areas, when we should have been kicking on.
I'm sure it will come good, but we should have been making hay now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.