Real Madrid (A) Post Match Thread

We've lost too many games by not scoring when we should.
In the first half it should have been over.
But we're City fans and can overcome the disappointment and still be Champions of England at the end of the season.

We've had worse times than losing a Champions League semi-final.

Take solace in the fact that we are Blues not other glory hunting fans.

Not sure how popular an opinion this will be but I think Fernandinho is now too old and slow. It cost us in the first leg and I think bringing him on cost us tonight. Other than that, I think we played really well for 89mins tonight. We lost the tie at home when we only won by one goal when it should have been 2 or 3. We still have some learning to do in Europe. Now let's win the next four league matches and stop the Dippers winning all four or we'll never hear the end of it!.
We lost it tonight, end of

Bernardo was absolutely world class tonight.

Walker was a monster.

Foden and Jesus were very good, and Mahrez stepped up again in the big moment.

not much went right for Kev tonight, but I think we can forgive him..

Sadly, Pep blinked too early and made the changes, and we just couldn’t get going again after that.

We need Haaland. Madrid never know when they’re beaten because they’re always confident that if they can get the ball to Benzema then there’s a chance of a goal. We’re the best footballing team in the world, but we’ve seen tonight that being a great team doesn’t necessarily win you trophies. You need a killer up top, especially in the biggest of games on the biggest of stages.

We go again on Saturday.

come on city

We'll never win the CL. UEFA won't let us.

We pissed on their chips over FFP and they’ll never forgive us.

We didn't deserve to win tonight and the ref made sure we weren't getting back level in extra time.

If we blow the PL now, we should look back on this as a disappointing season.
Pretty much sums up exactly how i feel LP

Why don't you just **** off. Typical City...they have won the league three times in the last four years. You are a disgrace along with all the people who liked your comment.
That’s exactly why Typical City is still mentioned.

We’re the Kings of England yet we’ve lost to English teams three times in the CL when we finished 25 points above Liverpool, 27 points above Spurs, and 19 points above Chelsea. We lost to a team who finished 7th in the French league. And we’ve gone out tonight after missing loads of chances in the first leg and acting like a naïve bunch of amateurs not understanding how to see a game out tonight.

Considering how good we actually are, yet we pull this shit in the CL every year, this is why Typical City lives on. It is literally typical of us to build us up to let us down, to do daft things, to look like we could score ten and then gift the opposition the game.

I’d rather Liverpool win the chanpions league (only if we win the title)

a, it will piss United fans off even more
B, English side v Spanish (which would Pis uefa off)
C, we win the title in an era of utter English dominance… Liverpool are a great side - they’ve had a relatively easy draw, winning your domestic trophy is the greater achievement and we have dominated that in an era of brilliance

Absolutely caveat that with us winning the league. I can’t think of anything worse than the dippers win the quad
Eh? Then it’ll take us longer to win it. UEFA and the networks don’t want continual all English finals and serial English winners. That refereeing display tonight was odd.

Personally I thought Madrid were very good, dangerous from the off and despite the shots on targets stats were very unfortunate not to be winning before we scored. We had chances yes but they were a threat all game. I thought we blew it in the first game and had my concerns about tonight. I didn’t see it being quite so dramatic though. We have been on the end of some dramatic games in our favour. Cortois played very well though. Our defence wasn’t good enough.
I’d like to see the stats but over the two legs their shots on target must be pretty close to the goals they scored… imagine if we had that quality in front of goal this season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.