Real Madrid (A) | Post Match Thread

The only regret from last night is that we didn’t take advantage of the first half domination. The space that Bernardo had on the right (mostly because Vinicius never tracks back) was telling and I wonder if Mahrez would have been a better fit there?

For the game at the Etihad,I'll like to see Alvarez provide some support for Walker and also run up at Camavinga. He would open up a lot of spaces for Haaland. Bernie needs to go central alongside Rodri. Gundo to come from the bench.
Not a chance. Gundogan is a near certain starter, may get a rest Sunday though

The lads played exactly how they were told and got a top result.

Anyone who thinks we were poor doesn't have a scooby about football.

Real thought that if they were patient, that we would tire and they could finish us off us off in the last 15 mins. No dice as we held our nerve and defended resolutely until the end.

Rodri, Ederson, Walker and Stones the standouts for me.
Good to see that rarity of a poster who actually understands the game.

I thought we were fucking excellent against the biggest club in world football in their own back yard.

We managed the game a hundred times better than last season.

We also stayed calm and came back from a goal down.

I don’t know what more people could realistically ask for.

I don't think we were bad but we were very lucky to get away with not being good.

The only thing I can think is that Pep wanted a conservative performance so that we can head back to the home leg with it all in our own hands.

We can't afford another display like that at the Etihad and I don't expect to see it either.

Alvarez in for the home leg now, surprised he didn’t come on last night For Bernardo in the last 20 minutes. Match winner.

Reactions: flb
Great result. Madrids results in the group games of the CL were

Won at Celtic
Lost at Leipzig
Drew at Shaktar (on neutral ground)

Lost 6 away in la liga, which is why they are out of the title race. Not saying it’s easy but not losing at the Bernabau was huge, big hearted performance from City last night

Good to see that rarity of a poster who actually understands the game.

I thought we were fucking excellent against the biggest club in world football in their own back yard.

We managed the game a hundred times better than last season.

We also stayed calm and came back from a goal down.

I don’t know what more people could realistically ask for.
Yes indeed far more positives than negatives not perfect but got the job done.

Not a chance. Gundogan is a near certain starter, may get a rest Sunday though
They pressed him yesterday and he lost the ball when he was under a lot of pressure. That midfield press was too much for him yesterday. I'll play Bernie there for his defensive work rate and link-up play. Alvarez in front of Walker. That would completely neutralize Vini.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.