Real Madrid (A) | Post Match Thread

Kyle did well, forced Vinci inside where he hits traffic seems sensible.
of course he hit that thunder bastard but that was in the break.
I think, even now in his advancing years, Kyle is still more than a match for him pace wise, especially on the outside, and he (VJ) knows it too, made total sense for them to come inside and or move him more central, didn’t he at one point actually change sides with Rodrygo in the first half ?

A good result to take back for the second leg.
Can't help but feel a bit disappointed that we didn't press home our superiority in the first half. We could have had a 3-1 lead now, but what the hey... it is what it is.

It's a great tie. To be honest, I wouldn't even try to call the second leg, it's that close.

(City will win though)

We earned a 1-1 draw against the European Champions at the Bernabeu playing in third gear.

Thought Walker was outstanding and kudos also to Eddie.

We will take them apart at our place.
Said the same to my lad. I feel city have 2 or 3 gears we can go up in the second leg, and I honestly don't think Madrid can, they had to put absolutely everything they had into that game last night to hold the draw. We go up a gear or 2 we beat them by a couple of goals at least.

I think, even now in his advancing years, Kyle is still more than a match for him pace wise, especially on the outside, and he (VJ) knows it too, made total sense for them to come inside and or move him more central, didn’t he at one point actually change sides with Rodrygo in the first half ?
Yeah think he did.

We did very well, we were just lacking in the final third. Haaland was quiet and we were reduced to taking shots from outside the box, thankfully one of them went in! Madrid didnt have many chances either, but it shows how they can punish you in the blink of an eye.

Glass half empty.

Glass half full: City showed how they can punish the (second) best in the blink of an eye.

Couldn't believe VAR didn't inform the ref of that.
And the "shove" on Grealish on their goal line wasn't far behind it (followed by a ridiculously embarrassing claim of "assault")
The way the media just ignored the Rudiger one is terrible. He went in full force onto the side of Gundo's head and neck. At the last second Rudiger changed his body position and used his elbow to smash into Gundo. It was skilful and deliberate and very clear on the slow motion playback. It was not an accidental collision. People playing rugby have been paralysed and even killed in these sorts of incidents. It has been airbrushed out of history by TV and the press.

A great result. We controlled a lot of the game. I don't think we went gung ho due to what happened last yr. Last thing we needed was to be chasing the 2nd leg. A lot of tired legs prob after the heat last night. So lets hope good recovery. Get a solid win on Sunday then go again next week and hopefully Istanbul here we come.

I'm a bit worried that some of us are getting a bit entitled.
I admit I haven't seen the match yet. What I do know is that we beat Bayern Munich comfortably, and we've now drawn with Real at their gaff. Those are the two best teams in Europe besides ourselves.
And some people are getting sniffy about the actual performance? Unbelievable, Jeff. What did you think, that we were going to restrict the likes of Vinicius and Benzema to zero chances over ninety minutes?
Let's not get raggish, or dipperish. Anything but that.

There’s a few!….same ones who’d of been moaning had we lost 5-3 going after em, I call it Swiss syndrome, there is a counter argument that we may of won 3-5 but that’s just entering a lottery, we don’t need to do that as we’re the best team in Europe going away to the second best team. I thought our tactics were spot on and restricted them to crumbs, with only a world class goal to show for it. I don’t expect the second leg to be any different or the final if we get there
You call it "Swiss syndrome." I just call it "ignorance" from people who don't attend matches and know nothing about football or what it means to be a football supporter. We used to call them "glory hunters."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.