Real Madrid (A) | Post Match Thread

I thought both teams were as bad as each other last night. It was a good thing the ref stayed calm.

I thought the worst tackle of the night was Bernardo’s down the back of Camavinga’s Achilles (he had two goes at it n’all) early doors. Ref just gave a foul. That was a very poor tackle.
Bernardo also tried bringing Camavinga down from behind in the second half with another poor one but actually missed (was a bit like that McClean one on de Bruyne years ago).

Grealish gave away a poor one early doors that nearly ended his game that would have been a booking to Jack later in the game.

Rodri gave away about three fouls after he was already booked.

Gundo booted someone.

I think they were slightly worse than us but that was two teams kicking the shit out of each other last night and the ref dealt with it well. Proper physical game.
The ref was soft at issuing cards but that was for both teams. People are saying he was a disgrace and bias. But I didn't see that.( I was expecting bent referring )
1-1 away at Madrid is a good result.
Our champions league home form is second to none.
Keep the faith CTID

Last night I was disappointed because I thought we played within ourselves, well below our best, in a match where we dominated for 40 minutes and showed very little attacking intent.

This morning, I think we got what Pep wanted against an atrocious refereeing performance in one of the hardest stadiums in the world to go to.

Said the same to my lad. I feel city have 2 or 3 gears we can go up in the second leg, and I honestly don't think Madrid can, they had to put absolutely everything they had into that game last night to hold the draw. We go up a gear or 2 we beat them by a couple of goals at least.

More cautious than you. Real can be not playing very well, and then kill you with a lightning-fast transition. We must play with what is now our habitual rigour. Feel much, much better with that back line. Just wish Nathan could be back.
I think it'll be 1-0 or 2-1. And I'll take that with open arms.

I'm a bit worried that some of us are getting a bit entitled.
I admit I haven't seen the match yet. What I do know is that we beat Bayern Munich comfortably, and we've now drawn with Real at their gaff. Those are the two best teams in Europe besides ourselves.
And some people are getting sniffy about the actual performance? Unbelievable, Jeff. What did you think, that we were going to restrict the likes of Vinicius and Benzema to zero chances over ninety minutes?
Let's not get raggish, or dipperish. Anything but that.
Entitled isnt the word, some of last nights posts were a disgrace

Last night I was disappointed because I thought we played within ourselves, well below our best, in a match where we dominated for 40 minutes and showed very little attacking intent.

This morning, I think we got what Pep wanted against an atrocious refereeing performance in one of the hardest stadiums in the world to go to.
Yep, I think we underestimate what a fortress the Etihad has now become and consequently not losing the tie in an away leg whilst restricting the opposition to minimal chances is now our remit in knockout games.

Entitled isnt the word, some of last nights posts were a disgrace
I rarely see match day comments because I attend most matches home and away. The sort of comments you see are pitiful. We really don't need these sort of fans. The downside of success is that you do attract some total morons. I remember some Mancunian United fans telling me about this when they had success. Even now they have a big split in their fanbase between the matchgoers and the know-nothing fanboys. I fear this is what we are starting to see. I won't be posting on any matchday threads from now on.

I'm a bit worried that some of us are getting a bit entitled.
... What did you think, that we were going to restrict the likes of Vinicius and Benzema to zero chances over ninety minutes?
Let's not get raggish, or dipperish. Anything but that.
I don't think ANYONE is slagging us off for conceding. If there is any criticism to be had (and I think it's valid criticism personally) then it is for us not doing enough with the ball when we had it. I don't think it was a poor performance, but I don't think it was outstanding either, by our standards. It's a decent result for sure, but nothing to be "buzzing" about, which is the other end of supporters' emotions on here.

Said the same to my lad. I feel city have 2 or 3 gears we can go up in the second leg, and I honestly don't think Madrid can, they had to put absolutely everything they had into that game last night to hold the draw. We go up a gear or 2 we beat them by a couple of goals at least.
I think Real played in 2nd or 3rd gear for all of the first half and much of the second.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.