Real Madrid (A) | Post Match Thread

I rarely see match day comments because I attend most matches home and away. The sort of comments you see are pitiful. We really don't need these sort of fans. The downside of success is that you do attract some total morons. I remember some Mancunian United fans telling me about this when they had success. Even now they have a big split in their fanbase between the matchgoers and the know-nothing fanboys. I fear this is what we are starting to see. I won't be posting on any matchday threads from now on.
If you ,like me are a matchgoer then keep posting otherwise it will be the tourist that win

Thought the ref was fine? No offence, but how? You think it was fine that Carvajal booted and barged Jack around for the entire first half, embarrassed his own players feigning an injury to try and get Jack punished, and had four official fouls but no yellow card?

Or how about the part where he gave them multiple free kicks throughout the second half for every little nudge? Or when he gave Ilkay a yellow for his one and only foul of the match, which wasn't even close to what Carvajal got away with?

The ref was a fucking joke mate.
If you read other posts youd see yes i agreed carvajal got away without a yellow. However so did rodri. At least 2 fouls on their breakaways in second half could easily have had a booking for. Bernardo studs in back of camavingas calf also given no yellow. Agreed it was accidental but if hed given red it wouldnt have been overturned.

Gundo was a nailed yellow, hacked him down on edge of the area. He knew it and apologies to the other city players.

The ref wasnt swayed by the real players surrounding him for our goal, nor when they wanted a few penalty shouts. Could have easily given the grealish handball based on what we saw in munich.

No ref performance is perfect but he was pretty balanced and thats what matters.

Take the tinted specs off occassionally its a bright world out there.

Not read any of this thread after last night. But fuck off bein sports with your shit made up graphics! I hope hairy mits Richard keys was hurting last night!

I'm a bit worried that some of us are getting a bit entitled.
I admit I haven't seen the match yet. What I do know is that we beat Bayern Munich comfortably, and we've now drawn with Real at their gaff. Those are the two best teams in Europe besides ourselves.
And some people are getting sniffy about the actual performance? Unbelievable, Jeff. What did you think, that we were going to restrict the likes of Vinicius and Benzema to zero chances over ninety minutes?
Let's not get raggish, or dipperish. Anything but that.
Like x 1000

I don't think ANYONE is slagging us off for conceding. If there is any criticism to be had (and I think it's valid criticism personally) then it is for us not doing enough with the ball when we had it. I don't think it was a poor performance, but I don't think it was outstanding either, by our standards. It's a decent result for sure, but nothing to be "buzzing" about, which is the other end of supporters' emotions on here.

Yep I agree with this. The quality of the opposition had nothing to do with stray passes and poor crossing. KDB got MOTM but for me aside from the goal had a terrible night, nothing came off for him. Gundogan was so sub par on the ball. Bernardo worked his ass off but it didn’t click and Grealish had them on toast until we oddly stopped sending it that way.

It’s ok to think all of the above and still think it was a really good result for us.

Off the ball we put in a performance italian sides would be proud of and John Stones and Rodri were phenomenal.

Fingers crossed we get Ake back for second leg as Akanji defended well but played it safe in build up play which hurt us a bit.

Time to deal with Everton and take positive momentum into Wed.

Professional performance in hot conditions from a team edging towards being shattered.

Had the Prem been done & dusted we'd have won that last night with some changes, as it was I'm pretty certain Pep made no changes as we were managing out the game and most of the bench will start at Everton.

It's all a balancing act and so far we're doing it very very well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.