Real Madrid (A) | Post Match Thread

We managed the game quite well. Pep opted not to go second gear. I think with foden, alvarez and mahrez, at Etihad, we expect to win next week.
Real madrid is the goat of UCL we should never understimate and get carried away. We are capable to win against madrid if we play to our strength, and i hope we will next game. Comon CITEH

Lovely bit of Berting by Alfie.
Check out the lower left hand part of ground when Kev scores. A whole block rises to cheer. Brilliant. God knows how city fans managed to be there. Know from experience what obnoxious fucks R Madrid fans are. It all kicked off last time I was out there a few years back after city lost 1-0.

How much did the heat inside the stadium play last night ? Hard to tell, i,m hoping the cool damp Manchester weather will see a far quicker performance from the team.
I'd think it was pretty easy to tell. Here in the UK, we've endured some punishing, brutal heat during some of our summers recently. Imagine having to run around for even five minutes in that. Now make it 90. The Madrid players are thoroughly acclimatised to it; our players were still wearing gloves in training last week. There's a reason British tennis players spend weeks in Florida etc preparing for playing in hot climates. Our boys were absolute warriors last night.

They most definitely did not.

What they did do was change their system in an attempt to nullify us, as Pep changed our tactics to nullify them.

We went to the home of the most historically successfully team in the CL, where officials consistently favour RM players, with heat we rarely play in, and a crowd demanding the blood of our players every time the go near the ball, and restricted them to a few chances and actually scored (something they had stopped for near on 6 hours of play).

We intelligently avoided the trap we feel in to last year.

Both teams were playing in top gear, they were just driving to a different destination than some blues wanted.
Look, I am not wanting to slag our guys off and nor have I done so. It was a decent performance. But at the same time, over the last 4 weeks they have lost to Girona, Real Sociedad and Villarreal, so it's not like a 1-1 draw is some fabulous achievement.

They obviously had a game plan of standing off us and hitting us on the break. They pressed us way less than most premier league teams would have done. And in the first half, despite us playing well and seemingly controlling the game, their plan worked. In the 2nd half when the upped the tempo somewhat more, they had us on the back foot for a large part of the half and I think it was fortunate that we scored and not them.

I think we should have enough to beat them at our place, but it is far from a foregone conclusion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.