Real Madrid (A) | Post Match Thread

Some of the things you have moaned about...

I sometimes feel Pep is strangling the life out of our players
we played so far below our best
Grealish and bernardo were poor never going forward - Pep drumming into them to not lose the ball under any circumstances
I said 3 years ago we would never win the CL whilst Pep is at the helm
Now I am having my doubts again

You really do think the club, the manager, the team dont know what they're doing?

Check the stats, we're one of the highest (If not the highest) performing team in the CL. Goals, shots, possession, tackles, ratings, shots on target... But still "Not good enough"

Whatever. I can do with ignoring some of this shite.
That idiot was sure Ukraine would have folded to Russia in ten days from the start of the invasion. It’s no surprise that his football knowledge matches his military and political knowledge.

BT constantly banged on about how Madrid know how to do it in this competition but I just don't see it this time. All I saw was a team playing at home which was scared to death and it'll be worse for them next week. If it wasn't for their keeper and the shite ref then it could of been any score.

We were very reserved last night, a lot of our goals this season have come from direct play into Haaland but we didn't go that way, presumably to keep the ball and not risk their counter. We played more like last year keeping the ball and slowing the build up to control the game but we still created more chances than them.

We played that way because we needed to conserve energy and a draw was always a great result. We now just need to up the tempo and score at home and that's what we do best. They'll need to put in a massive performance and going off last night if they can't do it at home then I just don't see where it will come from.
they keep mentioning they have the knowhow yada.

theyve never gone through in a tie where theyve drawn their home leg.

I also think theyve shown their cards really in the first leg as we havent we were a lot more reserved and i think cautious which we wont be at home. I think the heat played a part in the game last night too. Think we go through personally.... also guardiola has never gone out in a knock out tie where hes drew away from home in the first leg..

looks like lots of things are lining up for us to go through.

Thought Real were supposed to be classy, but their main plan last night was gamesmanship and 'dark arts'. Thought we were playing Atletico, they were such a bunch of cunts.

Don't know how the Kroos foul hasn't got more attention. Clear straight red for me considering how high and far away from the ball it was.

Rudiger on Gundo also. He left the elbow in, it's what he does, we know that - do refs not know it?

Carvajal... Could have been booked numerous times. Bit of a shithouse. The acting was horrendous.

Appealing for imaginary handballs, diving... You name it. Wankers.

And as for coming up with this imaginary visualization of the ball going out of play... It's shite. Not accurate and not something you use VAR for. They are solely shouting about it in an attempt to look hard done by so that the 2nd leg ref feels they are owed something.

We did well to stay calm at times, but tbh I wish we'd have fought back and complained about some of the things a bit more than we did. There was one dive by Camavinga that got a freekick and everyone just seemed to accept it and walk away, but zero contact.

Still... Halftime and in a decent position to get stuck into the second leg and rip them apart. I don't see how someone with Foden's ability can play no part in that game when it comes to it. Give them something extra to worry about.

We've just got to worry about getting a win against Everton unscathed first...

Last edited:
I can see foden for Bernie in the return,for extra pace, jack will be more positive and attack his fullback and we absolutely have to try and contain modric, everything of note involves that ****.

What did he do to warrant being called terrible? He could have booked a few madrid players first half, and definitely should have booked carvajal but he remained that lenient in the second half when he could have booked a few of ours particularly rodri and then Bernardo far earlier than they got booked. Generally didn't fall for their theatrics at all and let it go as much as possible both ways. Couldn't ask for much fairer in my eyes.
Carvajal could have had 5 yellow cards first half, should have been sent off, Rudiger should have seen red for dangerous play (again the filthy pig) and Kroos should have seen red. Gundogan is very lucky to have survived that match without serious injury

Look, I am not wanting to slag our guys off and nor have I done so. It was a decent performance. But at the same time, over the last 4 weeks they have lost to Girona, Real Sociedad and Villarreal, so it's not like a 1-1 draw is some fabulous achievement.

They obviously had a game plan of standing off us and hitting us on the break. They pressed us way less than most premier league teams would have done. And in the first half, despite us playing well and seemingly controlling the game, their plan worked. In the 2nd half when the upped the tempo somewhat more, they had us on the back foot for a large part of the half and I think it was fortunate that we scored and not them.

I think we should have enough to beat them at our place, but it is far from a foregone conclusion.
You should know by now that Madrid could be in a relegation battle in La Liga and still shithouse their way to a Champions League final. They're a different animal in this competition. For full context, they've won 6 La Liga titles in 15 years. In that same period they've won the Champions League 5 times, including three in a row, despite facing much, much stiffer competition. It's just what they do and who they are. Anything better than a 2-0 defeat last night was a good result.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.