Real Madrid (A) | Post Match Thread

You should know by now that Madrid could be in a relegation battle in La Liga and still shithouse their way to a Champions League final. They're a different animal in this competition. For full context, they've won 6 La Liga titles in 15 years. In that same period they've won the Champions League 5 times, including three in a row, despite facing much, much stiffer competition. It's just what they do and who they are. Anything better than a 2-0 defeat last night was a good result.
And the match always—ALWAYS—starts with RM a man up at the Bernabeu.

At one point, I swear KDB was crying...
They had last year’s collapse in the back of their minds, the heat was oppressive, they were getting all manner of abuse from the stands, and the RM players were being allowed to kick / shove / grapple / hockey check them with immunity (especially in the first half), then he goes and scores a worldie to knock them back…

I would be crying, too. It can be an emotional sport, you know. ;-)

The next leg will be intriguing. I really do hope to see some more attacking impetus. Yes they can sting us, but we need to make the most of the space they do afford us and take a few more risks. It was pedestrian at times. If we commit a few more we will get a lot more chances and should profit.

We're in a great position to advance though.
I can understand Pep's thinking yesterday and we got a great result.

But next week we're going to need something extra, so i'm hoping Foden will get to play a major part.

With the adjustments Pep makes when playing teams multiple times, i expect us to go through now.

I would argue we have another gear to go up at home and that from Madrid last night - especially considering it was at their home - was as good as it was going to get from them.

We were not scintillating last night at all, but we did what we needed to do without risking getting caught on the counter or in a basketball game.

I think some outside of City look upon that as poor by City last night, thinking we were going to turn up like we did against Arsenal, Bayern etc and try and turn them over for 3s or 4. Was never going to happen in the grand scheme of things.

You could tell the majority of the players were very conservative in that second half about committing too much going forward and rightly so. Did what we needed to do.

intensity will go up a notch next week, no oppressive heat, we will run them off the pitch, and that **** at right back, we need to intimidate the cheating twat

UCL-De-Bruynes-Stunning-Drive-Earns-City-Draw-Against-Real-Madrid-in-Semi-Final.jpeg

camel-angry-roar-desert-gob4n013wv6k2rnh.gif
Looks like rio enjoyed kdb’s thunder bastard.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.