Real Madrid (A) | Post Match Thread

Yep, only looked really dangerous when he started to take up the more central roles, the further away from Kyle the better for them, won’t be surprised to see Ancelotti use him more that way in the return if Kyle starts again.
We could always switch KW & JS if they did that permanently or for long periods, the confusion arises when he dovetails with Benzema, last night KW was handing him off to the CB’s & checking for runners, when he unleashed that unstoppable shot (he was very clever) before being engaged by Rueben or John

Personally I thought Bernado should have fouled him. It was a great goal though
Sometimes I think you have to accept teams like that will do something brilliant against you. Modrics ball, camavingas powerful run and Vinicius shot were all brilliant. Maybe we could have done something better, but it was top class play by them.

Sometimes I think you have to accept teams like that will do something brilliant against you. Modrics ball, camavingas powerful run and Vinicius shot were all brilliant. Maybe we could have done something better, but it was top class play by them.
Yeah it was great play. That’s why I think the tie is still in the balance. They have some great players in that side as we do.

Yep. There was also a spell of play around the 45 minute mark where Benzema shot over the corner of the bar with his left which was breathtakingly good.
This tie is in no way over. City and our fans will need to be completely on it next Wednesday night.
I'm confident we can go through but only if we play as I know we can. On the front foot, attacking them.

I think you have to accept that, a fit and expert Fernandinho would not have let Camavinga run so far without clipping his heels. Bernardo should have done it - found his inner Fernandinho - and taken 1 for the team. Then, that goal doesn't happen.

I'm not complaining about anything, just saying what I thought at the time - Bernardo worked his socks off, and may have been conscious of the fact that he'd only just got away with dragging his boot down the back of a Real player's leg (Camavinga again?). The thing is, that wouldn't have stopped a player like Cavagal doing it; he got away with it - as a home player - all the way through the first half, in particular.

I really fancy us in the second leg, though I realise we'll have to beat them, the ref, and VAR.

No complaints about the two corners they got following two shots that didn't touch a City player though.
And completely ignored the assaults on Jack and Ilkay just before half time. Hope we give them a bloody nose next week by knocking them off their perch.

Just seen an article on ESPN explaining why the goal was legitimate - as had been posted a Madrid player touched the ball before Kevin scored - VAR doesn't go back beyond that incident. Also they do NOT have technology for sidelines. And if you look at the image the line drawn from the ball down to the line ends in the middle of the line, not the outer edge. And as I originally posted it seems to be a doctored image as the only person in the picture is a cameraman - where is Bernardo's body?

Last edited:
Real Madrid Constantly moaning and their attitude in press afterwards screams to me they arent confident no matter how much they are trying to portray.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.