Real Madrid (A) | Post Match Thread

I don't know how to feel about this. Yes, 1-1 is a decent result and keeps us well in it. And the Bernabeau is such an intimidating place.

But on the other hand, we played so far below our best. We controlled much of the game, but it was slow and laborious and creating very few clear cut chances. We had many opportunities to hit them fast on the break and took none of them, just passing backwards, or fucking it up. I sometimes feel Pep is strangling the life out of our players by drumming into them to not lose the ball under any circumstances. Grealish and Bernie typified this, hardly ever taking a man on, just passing backwards or cutting inside and passing sideways.

I said 3 years ago we would never win the CL whilst Pep is at the helm. Then we signed Haaland and I started to think yes maybe we might. Now I am having my doubts again. We SHOULD win the home leg, so fingers crossed we can step up and do so
Way I look at it is.. we can’t play much worse lol so we will win at the etihad have faith

Very tough tight game and Madrid really made it hard. I was slightly disappointed in our wide players, needed to be braver at times and Madrid were happy for them to have the ball. Kev struggled to get in the game and that was their game plan, but to come away with a 1-1 in an away CL semi in Madrid is a fantastic result.

Need to be better next week.

Some people will just never be happyJim. I'm fuckin made up with that draw. This time of the season it's all about the result, NOT the performance. :)
This place never ceases to amaze me. There's some seriously miserable fuc sods on here. We played the first leg of the CL semi final tonight, against the reigning CL champions, in their own backyard. We went one down to a fantastic strike, and we battled back to earn a well deserved draw. People really need to try and recognise that.

Jings, great result after that 1st half.
The defence was immense and bailed us out 2nd half.
Sacrilege I know but KDB was really not on his game, his corners and crossing not good. But then he does that....thank you.
Absolutely frighteningly bad from Bernardo, especially the last 10 minutes.
Jack and Gundo were slack 2nd half as well.
We need to be more aware, after what happened last year here, some players were being silly on the ball last 10 minutes, which is admirable I guess that they are still going for it but, take it to the corners...waste time
Great stuff though and it's a game that keeps our season ticking over still....
Going to be some night next Wednesday

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.