Real Madrid (A) | Post Match Thread

That was my favourite performance of the season.

The club is were it belongs, We are elite level. That was such a high standard of football. I thought we were the better team overall, We controlled and managed the game incredibly well.

Just like Bernardo said after the Bayern game "We are a different team now, We don't have to dominate all of the time". We goy in shape out of possession and Madrid done fuck all.

What a performance. So proud of this team.

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola speaking to BT Sport: " When we were better they score. When they were better we score. Tight, tight game. The Bernabeu in the semi-final, sometimes we had good moments and sometimes it was difficult with the quality they have on the ball. Final next Wednesday at home with our people.

"We started really well in second half as well and then after they got the game we could not take it. They play a lot of passes on the left and they are really good there but then we score a fantastic goal through Kevin [De Bruyne] and had good moments and then at the end they had a few good chances.

"They are so demanding, with the experience and quality. We are travelling to Manchester and we will see what we can do better.

"When you play this kind of game it is like a play-off, hopefully we can learn and do even better."

On Erling Haaland's performance: "The pockets and distances between the central defender and full-backs was occupied. It was not easy for Erling. He moved well and had his chances."

We just played the most recent winner, and previous 14 time champion, of the CL tournament to a draw on their pitch. A Real team that has two previous Ballom d’Or winners, several of the most promising young talents in the game, and really nothing else to play for other than the CL title. You better believe that this was a good result, and one Real will not be happy with.

That Carvajal nudge on Jack into the boardings in the first half should be a straight red IMO. Not just tonight, I mean as a general law of the game. It’s so needlessly dangerous, I’m sure a lower league player fractured his skull from it recently?

That and backing into an already-jumping defender.
That little snidey mard arse was a disgrace.

They allowed us to play at walking pace, control the ball and not flog ourselves. Ideal and what we wanted. The bench will be fresh for Everton for 5 or 6 changes and key players will be fresh again for those cunts next Wednesday.
We've learned not to play transitional football against these and game manage much better. Seems some of our fans don't understand you're not going to boss these on their own turf for 90 minutes and not get caught overcommitting. Apparently that means we were poor which is utter horseshit.
We kept them to potshots and set pieces with not a lot of posession in their own back yard.
Our tempo will be a lot higher at home and it's advantage us. That's what that performance bought us tonight. Difficult to win it in 90 minutes but you can certainly lose it.
I'm delighted with that even though the performance was functional.
Amongst a sea of complaining, nice to see a rational post

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.