Real Madrid (A) | Post Match Thread

It’s a good result. I loved some of our play. Hated some it.

I don’t think Real are anything special but if you give them the time we gave them in and around our box they can kill us.

The tie is in the balance because it was like we were the home team tonight. I don’t think we will see anything different next week.

Our wide men have to do more than get the ball and pass back. It’s a CL semi final and it will be won and lost on moments. Our wide men didn’t create any moments. As much as he does my head in…Mahrez creates moments in this competition. Bernie and Grealish far too passive.

Dunno if Grealish could be said to be passive but felt Bernardo had a relatively weak performance by his standards tonight. We're so used to him pulling out a 10/10 performance on a big European night maybe we're a bit spoilt. I back him to pull Camavinga to pieces next Wednesday

‘average performance’ does not recognise that they have just as good players as us.

Vinicius is probably the best player on either team. they have a ton of players who can smash it from distance which was their main threat.

And their defenders played Haaland to perfection.

Main concern is tiredness - they are nowhere in their league and can rest 8 or 9 at the weekend. we cant rest rodri, gundog, de bruyne and bernie at the weekend, maybe only one of them. they all looked exhausted in that heat.
Kept quiet by Walker all night, again. Good strike for the goal, though. Not on tonight's showing, but Haaland, KDB, Bernardo, Rodri are all better for me.

Fuck em. Going to make it even sweeter when we win it.
these sort of things would never be shown in any capacity years ago sadly anything goes these days,
we would all do the same if it was madrid against the scum as we did when real played the dippers, i have no problem with that, its that gormless talentless **** joke humphreys sniggering in the background trying to wind up city fans posting this.

As good as result as it is, I think we were below our normal selves of late.

Walker, for me, gave the ball away too much and too easily. It lead to their goal.

Grealish constantly ran toward our own goal and got involved with petty things.

Haaland had scraps of chances. Service wasn’t consistent.

And we turned into trouble too often and passed backward a lot and passed a little slow.

Corners were dreadful! But that’s normal :-)

Controlled the first 25/30 mins and then the goal changed the momentum.

If you can’t win don’t lose was very apt today and the lads did a fantastic job of defending and containing real to long shots. Ederson also did well when called upon.

Delicately poised, I think if we are that tad quicker and incisive at home we win the next leg.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.