Real Madrid (A) | Post Match Thread

We need a winger like vinicius, preferrably an RW. Did you see the way vinicius was attracting so many of our players and creating space? That profile of winger would be so benefical for us.
Trouble is there’s no many Vinicius Jrs out there

And did you see his off the ball work?

Pep wouldn’t stand for it

these sort of things would never be shown in any capacity years ago sadly anything goes these days,
we would all do the same if it was madrid against the scum as we did when real played the dippers, i have no problem with that, its that gormless talentless **** joke humphreys sniggering in the background trying to wind up city fans posting this.
He works for a national broadcaster not a fan of a rival club

Great result - we showed a lot of character after undeservingly going a goal down. To score when we did shows the belief in the team.
The heat must have helped them more than us and the crowd and stadium are always intimidating.

One thing that continues to put me off this competition is the shit officiating. Madrid going down at every opportunity- the ref bottles it or ignores the big decisions (Kroos ?). They seem to blow for every slight contact but never give cards out until much later in the game.
Seems to be the same whatever team we play in Europe though. What makes me laugh is watching the PL matches, the commentary team will often say something like "if that was a European match it would be a yellow/red card" after an incident or a couple of fouls, but in practice that's not what we actually see.

Before the game I'd have gladly settled for a draw. Great result. Now we need to push on and finish the job at home. We'll make more noise than they did!

‘average performance’ does not recognise that they have just as good players as us.

Vinicius is probably the best player on either team. they have a ton of players who can smash it from distance which was their main threat.

And their defenders played Haaland to perfection.

Main concern is tiredness - they are nowhere in their league and can rest 8 or 9 at the weekend. we cant rest rodri, gundog, de bruyne and bernie at the weekend, maybe only one of them. they all looked exhausted in that heat.
Arsenal were getting 7-8 day rests between games during that poor run whilst we were knocking it out if the park playing midweek, weekend, midweek.

They allowed us to play at walking pace, control the ball and not flog ourselves. Ideal and what we wanted. The bench will be fresh for Everton for 5 or 6 changes and key players will be fresh again for those cunts next Wednesday.
We've learned not to play transitional football against these and game manage much better. Seems some of our fans don't understand you're not going to boss these on their own turf for 90 minutes and not get caught overcommitting. Apparently that means we were poor which is utter horseshit.
We kept them to potshots and set pieces with not a lot of posession in their own back yard.
Our tempo will be a lot higher at home and it's advantage us. That's what that performance bought us tonight. Difficult to win it in 90 minutes but you can certainly lose it.
I'm delighted with that even though the performance was functional.
"Oh I say old boy well said"

This team would have given up in previous years, something different this time. A good result here , keep it close go for it at home. We are playing madrid you flappers calm down

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.