Real Madrid (A) | Post Match Thread

As good as result as it is, I think we were below our normal selves of late.

Walker, for me, gave the ball away too much and too easily. It lead to their goal.

Grealish constantly ran toward our own goal and got involved with petty things.

Haaland had scraps of chances. Service wasn’t consistent.

And we turned into trouble too often and passed backward a lot and passed a little slow.

Corners were dreadful! But that’s normal :-)

Controlled the first 25/30 mins and then the goal changed the momentum.

If you can’t win don’t lose was very apt today and the lads did a fantastic job of defending and containing real to long shots. Ederson also did well when called upon.

Delicately poised, I think if we are that tad quicker and incisive at home we win the next leg.
And you can see why we're not as good lately, games are catching up with players and we have zero planning time from game to game. It's been an amazing effort to keep it going this long if you ask me, not losing a game for how long?

I think most of us would have settled for a draw before the game a I for one am pretty happy tonight as our lads play hard games week in week out and Madrid have possibly six hard games a season not including CL games
Yep bang on mate, and il say well managed by Pep because if it had gone to 2-0 then things start to get twitchy in the 2nd leg, proud of the 1-1 and we have taken there home advantage off them, i think w'el see them off next week ;-)

Again, very good time to visit hear and put on a few ignores for the better living circumstances in the future;)

we drew away to Leipzig, we draw away to Bayern. Bayern also had 2/3 good occasions.

We played against one of the very best teams in the world (top3 for sure). Away. Upon very hostile environment. It was a good game by City and it is a very good result.

Can this game look like this next week? Yes, but i do not think so. Our home games proves to be very, very strong. Leipzig, Bayern, Arsenal - those were briliant performances. Why exactly one wanna be a City supporter and assume another scenario?

Today we had more occasions but maybe a bit less quality of them, thats it. We had more possesion, ultimately was EQUAL XG. I do not get how it is a bad performance.

Very frustrating that we obviously played to not lose and we were scared about being caught on the break. Of course you could call it a pragmatic away leg and we now have a one off game at home to get to the final.

The game turned when we gave stupid balls away at the back and lost some confidence in the first half. Started hitting it long and losing it. So frustrating but we have to remember who and where we were playing and say "professional result".

The referee did all he could to not book a Madrid player. Carvajal needed a slap for what he did to Grealish and Rudiger was his normal physical self. There were a couple of dives and handball shouts and I think we did well to not react badly. Gundo should have done much better to get closer to Vinicius for his goal but it is what it is.

None of the attackers really impressed but I think that was due to the fear of transition. I hate to say it but Silva is doing my head in. He seems to have lost all creative spark and for longer than I care to remember his passing has been lazy and uninspired. He often plays little short passes to the wrong side of his team mates which put us on the backfoot. He gives us a lot of running and is a good defensive winger but I feel like he has so much more ability that we just don't see.

So on paper a great away result but one I can't say I'm happy with. maybe my expectations were too high
I agree about Bernie.
He has been so frustrating this season.
Nobody can argue that he doesn’t work his socks off every week, but he has slowed so much and has got caught in possession purely through lack of concentration on so many occasions.

We know the guy has so much more in him. That’s the frustration.
His short game passing and decision making this season has been poor by his standards.

Having said all that. He’s still brilliant. Still holds starting eleven position.

We need a winger like vinicius, preferrably an RW. Did you see the way vinicius was attracting so many of our players and creating space? That profile of winger would be so benefical for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.