Real Madrid (A) | Post Match Thread

Is it the same ref next week? If we are losing I hope someone takes that shit house at at right back just around his throat

Can you be suspended for the Champions League final?

Yes, but only after receiving a red card. Because yellow cards expire on completion of the quarter-finals (see Article 52.04), even if a player is cautioned in both legs of a victorious semi-final tie they cannot be suspended for the final.

-/-/-/-

For me, knowing this was the first leg, not the second, the ref was far too lenient, as even 2 yellow cards (and the subsequent red) would not suspend a player for the Final!

As a player, you know what’s a bad tackle and what isn’t, what is a professional foul and what’s an almost incidental physical part of the game. There were a few tasty professional fouls that were, at a minimum, borderline reds for me. Primary amongst those was the Kroos foul on Gundogan, which was brutal and completely unnecessary.

That said, I think they’re used to getting the rub of the green from officials and yet when the slightest thing goes against them, all hell breaks loose!

Last edited:
The lads played exactly how they were told and got a top result.

Anyone who thinks we were poor doesn't have a scooby about football.

Real thought that if they were patient, that we would tire and they could finish us off us off in the last 15 mins. No dice as we held our nerve and defended resolutely until the end.

Rodri, Ederson, Walker and Stones the standouts for me.

That was a great result. Away at the Bernabeu, 30 degrees, in a tough schedule.

Madrid & Ancelotti playing the wounded animal role again, and again it worked for them in the first half, pouncing after City had been lulled into a false sense of security. That happens so much with Madrid it's beyond cliche.

Both teams on a very equal footing in the second half, both playing football. I actually thought Madrid were more incisive going forwards, Vinicius is truly a world talent, but City carried a latent threat that kept things level, even if we didnt manage to fully get going in the final third last night.

Ref was unbelievably lenient in the first half, but to be honest i thought he let Rodri off with a couple too (he had to after the Carvajal antics). The thing i take issue with is that Rudiger looked to take Gundo out with an elbow on purpose (Rudiger was very good against Haaland i thought).

Cant wait for next Wednesday.

Secret weapon Alvarez for the second leg , dare I say it , at the expense of Bernardo , that will put the shits up them with him along side Haaland.
Absolutely this or Foden, I love Bernie but we need to be on the front foot more and Alvarez dropping and running in to those spaces will help.

That was a great result. Away at the Bernabeu, 30 degrees, in a tough schedule.

Madrid & Ancelotti playing the wounded animal role again, and again it worked for them in the first half, pouncing after City had been lulled into a false sense of security. That happens so much with Madrid it's beyond cliche.

Both teams on a very equal footing in the second half, both playing football. I actually thought Madrid were more incisive going forwards, Vinicius is truly a world talent, but City carried a latent threat that kept things level, even if we didnt manage to fully get going in the final third last night.

Ref was unbelievably lenient in the first half, but to be honest i thought he let Rodri off with a couple too (he had to after the Carvajal antics). The thing i take issue with is that Rudiger looked to take Gundo out with an elbow on purpose (Rudiger was very good against Haaland i thought).

Cant wait for next Wednesday.
Good post , I would say also we need to close down valverde a lot better bings the ball out really well for them

Notice they aren't showing a top down view.

There are no cameras down the line to my knowledge? so this is basically the equivalent of me drawing a line and circle on a piece of paper and saying it was in.

Tho it would be pretty sweet if it was out hehe.
It’s bullshit, no lines for technical area either

Just seen a clip on the TV News supposedly confirming Ancelotti's claim the ball was out of play before KDB scored. Interestingly there wasn't a player in the picture so obviously a doctored image by the Madrid cheats.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.