Real Madrid (A) | Post Match Thread

Personally, I’d go false nine for this one, you could see we had less control than the previous games we’d played against Madrid. If we need a goal after 60-70 mins then bring the Viking on. Never happening though.
Mate, you are giving southern plastics a bad name!

Not sure what people want. I'm seeing a lot of talk of Bernardo not being on the 'front foot' and Phil or Alvarez would have been better choice....Do you not think he was told to play that way (with caution). No better player in the squad for ball retention. My impression of last night is that the whole team were told to play that way. How many times did Ruben have the ball and just stood there for an age without passing only to then pass it 2 yards sideways? It was a plan the whole team looked they they had been told to adapt. Top performance in my view - albeit frustrating for those wanting to see lots of goals. We controlled huge parts of the game and fought back well after a worldie strike.

Good morning blues!

Commiserations to the blues who are not happy with last night's result
There’s a few!….same ones who’d of been moaning had we lost 5-3 going after em, I call it Swiss syndrome, there is a counter argument that we may of won 3-5 but that’s just entering a lottery, we don’t need to do that as we’re the best team in Europe going away to the second best team. I thought our tactics were spot on and restricted them to crumbs, with only a world class goal to show for it. I don’t expect the second leg to be any different or the final if we get there

Think the big difference that will be apparent next week is the speed of our ball movement.

Was far too slow last night.
It was noticeable that our goal came after a 5-minute spell of increased pace. Passes and combinations were at 110%, you could see the goal coming. Maybe that's what it means to be an elite club - being able to dictate the pace (yours and the oppositions) and use those high-tempo moments to make the difference.

I just thought we were lucky that we actually scored, rather than the specific goal itself. I thought madrid could've easily scored at least 1/2 after HT
Other than the Benzema header (which was offside) and the late shot from 30 yards, i genuinely cant remember Ederson having to make a save.

I just thought we were lucky that we actually scored, rather than the specific goal itself. I thought madrid could've easily scored at least 1/2 after HT

How the actual fuck do you claim our goal to be lucky?

It’s fucking ridiculous this forum at times.

Was their goal lucky as well or like Kev, a world class finish?

Not sure what people want. I'm seeing a lot of talk of Bernardo not being on the 'front foot' and Phil or Alvarez would have been better choice....Do you not think he was told to play that way (with caution). No better player in the squad for ball retention. My impression of last night is that the whole team were told to play that way. How many times did Ruben have the ball and just stood there for an age without passing only to then pass it 2 yards sideways? It was a plan the whole team looked they they had been told to adapt. Top performance in my view - albeit frustrating for those wanting to see lots of goals. We controlled huge parts of the game and fought back well after a worldie strike.

Absolutely, it was purposefully done to bring the game down to walking pace. They’ve done this before at Anfield and it’s worked, you don’t want to get into a stretched end to end shootout with Madrid and our players didn’t allow that. One thing with Pep is he learns and he didn’t want a repeat of what happened last year against Madrid. I can see another controlled start like they did against Bayern and then take the hand break off.

A great result and let's hope we can build on it next week. Disappointed in the way that we conceded though. Once again it was as a result of us pushing a bit too hard down the right. It's such a similar goal to the CL final against Chelsea and also the Rags goal scored by Shaw at Etihad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.