Real Madrid (A) - Tues 9th April, 20:00 | CL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
so the whole thread seems to be mainly what their attack can do to us which is a fair assessment but can we at least have a little counterbalance to it about what our attack is capable of doing to them because we have a couple of decent lads up front in case nobody had noticed.

Rumours of bernardo possible starting left back if josko cant make it.
IF gvardiol is out I would probably do the same (even though it sounds like a meme). with bernardo, kova, rodri and grealish we may be able to control the game. not sure how madrid plays nowadays though and how good their midfield really is.

Really? whys that mate?
Nothing against Gvardiol, but I think he's had a bit of a rough deal being exclusively on LB duty. I think his 1v1 defending out wide has been pretty suspect at times. Sam Lee said in the summer he had concerns about him losing duels often and I think that's been the case.

Also, he sees a lot of the ball in attacking positions but doesn't seem to add much threat. I think the Gvardiol will be great in years to come but right now I think he looks a little awkward. Just strikes me as odd that after Ake's great season at LB we signed Gvardiol to play there and moved Ake to CB.

I think the team will be much more balanced with Rico coming into midfield, my only concern is his height/physicality.

Rumours of bernardo possible starting left back if josko cant make it.
Hmm, was is the Arsenal game we did this last season?

I remember it being alright on the night but didn't Pep say it didn't really work afterwards? Also feel like it's a little harsh on Lewis given he's been great the last two games.

Having said all that, Bernardo could probably play in goal in matches like these and have a blinder so wouldn't concern me if it is him.

Is this true?

Spanish cops activate ‘all alert systems’ after ISIS threat to Real Madrid vs Man City Champions League quarter final​

Is this true?

Spanish cops activate ‘all alert systems’ after ISIS threat to Real Madrid vs Man City Champions League quarter final​

Heard this morning about this my take is its just scare mongering if they where going to attack then why tell everyone.
Stay save boys and girls

so the whole thread seems to be mainly what their attack can do to us which is a fair assessment but can we at least have a little counterbalance to it about what our attack is capable of doing to them because we have a couple of decent lads up front in case nobody had noticed.

Many point out that we can hurt them and most predict a goal or two for us.

I've emphasized the absence of Courtois and their best CBs, Alaba and Militao (who is back from a terrible injury and probably not fit to start). Given these absences, we are likely to press them high for Rudiger isn't as good on the ball as Alaba and Militao. They'll have a plan, so we have to be careful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.