Real Madrid (H) | CL SF 2nd Leg | Post-Match Thread

Crazy as it sounds, the only other time I have seen such a level was the opening 45 minutes at home to Liverpool in Champions League, we were breathtaking that night after Jesus scores early.

Absolutely fucked over when Leroy had his goal ruled out for offside.
Agreed, I've watched the game again on the champions league replay channel (it's on a loop) and it's unreal watching the Madrid players trying desperately to get organised, I'd argue they were beaten as soon as the first goal went in, they were totally shell shocked. I do t think they have ever experienced anything like the storm that hit them yet all we heard was how good they are and how they never panic

We're all wrong.

Juventus finished 7th that season as well ha.

Well, having seen this bumbling troglodite numerous times, trying to express an opinion on the old Sunday Supplement, it's not surprising really that the City-hating member of the click-baiting, red-sympathising football press pack comes to that conclusion - and, who are we to argue?
I guess that near footballing perfection counts for nothing against the scum's extremely lucky win in 1999, equalising and getting their winner at the death of the match. A match in which they had 53% possession overall. And, not forgetting, the scum finished runners-up in the league with 77 points to Arsenal's 78, and hadn't qualified for the tournament as champions in their home competition the previous season.
Some pupils can't even recognise a masterclass when it's provided to them for free.
Stupid, or, clickbaiting? It cannot be serious journalism - which is stating the obvious really, as it's Oliver Holt.

City haven’t won the champions league and they are already pumping out articles that winning it once doesn’t put City up there with the great sides. The boiling of piss going on across the country is a joy to behold, the champions league final is still over 20 odd days away.
If we win our last three league games, put seven or eight past the rags and win the CL final eight-nil with Erling getting six of them, we still won't get the credit we deserve when compared to certain previous CL winners.

Agreed, I've watched the game again on the champions league replay channel (it's on a loop) and it's unreal watching the Madrid players trying desperately to get organised, I'd argue they were beaten as soon as the first goal went in, they were totally shell shocked. I do t think they have ever experienced anything like the storm that hit them yet all we heard was how good they are and how they never panic

One interesting stat I saw from the other night is the first complete pass in City’s half from Madrid happened when they kicked off after when Bernardo scored the first. They were completely rocked back on their heels, the ability to break quickly which they did in the first leg wasn’t there on Wednesday night. They had no out ball to soak up pressure which is crazy when they have players like Benzima and Vinicious on the pitch.

City haven’t won the champions league and they are already pumping out articles that winning it once doesn’t put City up there with the great sides. The boiling of piss going on across the country is a joy to behold, the champions league final is still over 20 odd days away.
I wonder how many hacks, prior to kick off, had penned an article on their hard drive that proclaimed how City always fall to the European royalty? I bet there was more 'n a handful!

All from glorified, utd and liverpool fanzine writers. They started supporting them because they were winning stuff, now they're not they can't handle it.

I wonder how many hacks, prior to kick off, had penned an article on their hard drive that proclaimed how City always fall to the European royalty? I bet there was more 'n a handful!
Their piss must have slowly boiled throughout that 1st half, as the masterclass unfolded before their very eyes. Then, word by grudging word, they had to do their rewrites.
:-)

What OH wont mention is that united were extremely fortunate to win both of Fergusons CL's he won-outplayed v Bayern for 90 mins of the game-and it was only John Terry losing his footing in the penalty shoot out that gifted united that title. Holt talks a load of shite, no mention of any of Fergusons points tally in his league winning seasons-forgive me if I'm wrong but I don't think Ferguson ever won the league with 90 plus points. Its a myth how good united were in the CL under him, two CL's in 20 years is hardly anything to shout about-especially with the money he spent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.