Real Madrid (H) | CL SF 2nd Leg | Post-Match Thread

Had a bit of time to reflect on this and take away games where what we got from the result meant we won the league for example and I think this was the best game of football I have ever seen us play.

Crazy as it sounds, the only other time I have seen such a level was the opening 45 minutes at home to Liverpool in Champions League, we were breathtaking that night after Jesus scores early.

Absolutely fucked over when Leroy had his goal ruled out for offside.

Crazy as it sounds, the only other time I have seen such a level was the opening 45 minutes at home to Liverpool in Champions League, we were breathtaking that night after Jesus scores early.

Absolutely fucked over when Leroy had his goal ruled out for offside.

We're all wrong.

Juventus finished 7th that season as well ha.

We're all wrong.

Juventus finished 7th that season as well ha.

City haven’t won the champions league and they are already pumping out articles that winning it once doesn’t put City up there with the great sides. The boiling of piss going on across the country is a joy to behold, the champions league final is still over 20 odd days away.

Qualifies for both a CL and PL medal I think.

Could be a good quiz question in the making. Presumably he’s going to end up with two different league winners medals for the same season? Wonder if that’s happened before?

Could be a good quiz question in the making. Presumably he’s going to end up with two different league winners medals for the same season? Wonder if that’s happened before?

I imagine it has happened a few times. I imagine a few Chelsea players, and likely elsewhere in Europe. Good question, might look into it a bit more. Top 5 leagues though, think that might be rare.

What a fucking win that was! Complete dominance. They didn't complete a pass in our half until the 25th minute and that was following the kick off after Bernardo's goal. Absolutely epic. As Tolmie said, that was the result it should have been when we played Liverpool a few years ago. Battered them but a dodgy call to rule Sane's goal out lost our momentum. At 2-0 we would have gone on to win comfortably.

Real were all over the shop. Vinicius and Ancelotti chatting after the first goal and they didn't have a clue how to counter our dominance. I don't know if anyone noticed for the 2nd goal how Camavinga gets dragged from a central area out to Grealish. Carvajal then drops off a bit as a result. When Grealish passes back to Akanji, Camavinga decides to jog back to his left back position which means when Akanji returns the ball Grealish has acres of space to run at and Gundogan spots it and makes a brilliant run off him.

Modric giving the ball away. Benzema unable to control it. Vinicius unable to dribble anywhere. We just made them look like amateurs.

Actually, looking at it now, it is more rare than I thought. A few came close. Not found any yet that have actually done it.

Ones that came close are Ivanovic, Oscar, Gedes, and Ferran Torres, who qualified for medals with their first clubs, but their second failed to win their leagues.

Alvarez could have been in there too, through the timing quirk, but River plate didn't win it. Gabi Jesus could have had the same but we didn't win it in his first season here.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.