Real Madrid (H) | Post Match Thread

Loved Pep’s reaction to Mahrez when he should have passed the ball. The way he went crazy just showed what it means to him. He did superb to get a result with no full backs.
He fucking frustrates me does Mahrez. Had he squared that chance or scored the one at the start of the second half we would be home and dry pretty much by now.

I think we would all have taken a 1-0 win before kick off and with no away goals counting double with a draw, effectively, that’s what we’ve got… That's my take on it this morning anyway …

Definitely mate. Especially with the defence and Stones having to go off early. Benzema took his goal from open play brilliantly, our defending was poor for their second and the third was a penalty, which was frustrating but can happen. If we get players back and are tighter at the back in the second leg we should control the game better and continue to cause them problems.

We've got a slight advantage going in to the second leg, but as you say, we'd have all have taken that before the game. Bring it on.

People shouldn’t load sight of the fact that Chelsea won in Madrid, should have scored more, and they were trailing 1-3 going into that tie. We’re going there ahead and know Real Madrid cannot afford to sit back. Play with power and pace and let’s see what unfolds.

Well what a game of football, it’s easy to forget how lucky we are to watch football as good as that.
I fancied us to take a two goal lead to Madrid, it could have been three or four but it’s just one which feels like a bit of a let down. Not a problem, we’ll beat them again next week.

Its frustrating not to have a 2 goal lead, but I disagree with comments saying it doesnt feel like a win. Any lead at this stage is good and could be vital. We also could of drew, atleast the mistakes didnt cost us a lead.

He fucking frustrates me does Mahrez. Had he squared that chance or scored the one at the start of the second half we would be home and dry pretty much by now.
It’s tempting to think like that but RM never give up in this competition and have match winners in their team. There is no knowing what would have happened had he squared it and was less selfish.

Mahrez has a big belief in himself which is something you need in a team. At the moment him and Grealish are polar opposites one has too much confidence the other not enough.

Superb game of football and superb performance.

we will score in madrid. There defence wasn’t great .

could have been a bigger lead but still feeling ok going to madrid with a 1 nil lead.

come on city

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.