Real Madrid (H) | Post Match Thread

I think the fact some are disappointed with the scoreline tells you how brilliant a side we are these days. Can you imagine being disappointed at winning 4-3 against Madrid 5-10 years ago?

I thought the score flattered Madrid massively. Mahrez should really have put it to bed as should Foden, but that shouldn't detract from a big performance. Put Walker and Cancelo in the side and we should be more comfortable defensively. There's definitely goals for us in the 2nd leg.

Foden should also have done better in the first half, but his poor first touch when set up by de Bruyne forced him wider and he then failed to hit the target. We’ll get more chances over there but have to be more clinical and defend better as a team.
Yes, space to grow.....can always be better. Fine lines.

Fantastic result!!

Madrid have more to worry about than us, thats for sure. They'll have sleepless nights about the way we ripped them apart and how to stop Phil, Mahrez, Kev, Berni and Gabs.

Positives: Dias has more energy in his legs, Ake is closer to full recovery (niggles and fatigue) Walkers pace and aggression will make it much harder for them to break, Cancelo will be back and up for it and the whole team will be brimming with confidence.

Negatives: Our own support, whinging about the result and bringing the place down.

Otherwise I'm buzzing.

Fuck all this doom and gloom let’s be positive 1 game away from the final going to Madrid with a lead I don’t want to read no more moaning cunts on here, it feels like a defeat with some of your posts psg, Bayern etc etc would swap places in a heartbeat with us
I think it’s just because this competition has treated us very harshly in past and I like many feel we’ve been robbed on more than one occasion in ties. Magnificent performance last night from the team and we deserve to be winning by a greater margin. I think it’s more nerves than doom and gloom.

Fantastic game to watch and we bloody won. Yes it could have been 7-4 but I will take a lead. We will score over there no worries and yesterday we played without two full backs, a genuine number nine and a third choice centre half. Only real criticism is the two twats who ran on the pitch. They should be made to pay the fine we will undoubtedly receive. What the fuck were they playing at and where were the stewards. Little kid looked like he hadn’t a clue what he was doing and the older one looked deranged. Both should be named and shamed and they and any family members with them should be banned for life, utter twats.

Loved Pep’s reaction to Mahrez when he should have passed the ball. The way he went crazy just showed what it means to him. He did superb to get a result with no full backs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.