Real Madrid (H) | Post Match Thread

Last night was a bit surreal for me, one of my earliest memories of football was watching United Vs Real Madrid in the quarter finals back in 2002/03.

I was only young, at my grandparents, playing all sorts of games with them, with the game on in the background. I remember being completely enamored with the game under the lights at night, watching Ronaldo, Zidane etc.

Never in a million years back then did I think I'd see us outplay Real at home, with players of the quality of KDB, Bernardo, Foden, under the lights in a raucous atmosphere.

Both games ended 4-3 to the Manchester (and Salford) sides, and it feels like my football experience has come full circle.

Good performance last night, thought both teams were a bit dodgy in defence, hopefully we have enough in the second leg!

So on reflection of a crazy game

At 3-1 pep should of changed the game plan as it was like a cup final. At 3-1 Mahrez who was very poor should of been replaced by Gundy or Grealish & midfield closed down. Fern should also of been told to stay back. Ridiculous he kept going forward against their biggest threat, all which led to their goal. Yes he also got us our third but that was the time to stay back after this.

game management cost us the game. We should be going to Madrid with at least 2 goal advantage. 4 if we actually had a striker.

I expect many more goals in Madrid so it’s 50/50 who goes to final

They don’t seem to be able to defend at home from what we saw in the Chelsea and Psg games . In the space of 7 days to the next game I don’t think they can do a lot to change that. Our issues stemmed from a patched up defence, Vinicious ends up in a less one sided leg race if he turns Kyle Walker, I think Cancelo could have some fun on this wide open spaces on the Bernabau pitch. All in all we can definitely score next week and have better people on the pitch to defend, we can get better. Can Madrid?

Dear me. If you think Mahrez was poor last night what do you make of Grealish so far?

Grealish not being involved at all answers that question,but I agree Mahrez was poor.

All about him,going for the perfect finish,instead of smashing it,and as for passing the ball.........on odd occasions he will,not a team player for me at all.

Sold in Summer,has to be gone.

Dear me. If you think Mahrez was poor last night what do you make of Grealish so far?
He was shocking in the 2nd half. He went missing & his weak challenge led to one of their goals. he also left fern on his own countless times with not tracking back.

I actually think Grealish for his 1st season has been very good.

At 3-1 pep should of changed the game plan as it was like a cup final. At 3-1 Mahrez who was very poor should of been replaced by Gundy or Grealish & midfield closed down. Fern should also of been told to stay back. Ridiculous he kept going forward against their biggest threat, all which led to their goal. Yes he also got us our third but that was the time to stay back after this.

game management cost us the game. We should be going to Madrid with at least 2 goal advantage. 4 if we actually had a striker.

It was a magic night and a game we all dream about being a Manchester city fan
forget the if and buts ? Just remember, we beat a team that has won 14 champions leagues.

We were a patched up back 4 without our wing backs and took the game to them and won, let's not forget that.
It's now time to watch the fruits blossom from the seeds we planted 10 years ago. So just sat back and enjoy

They don’t seem to be able to defend at home from what we saw in the Chelsea and Psg games . In the space of 7 days to the next game I don’t think they can do a lot to change that. Our issues stemmed from a patched up defence, Vinicious ends up in a less one sided leg race if he turns Kyle Walker, I think Cancelo could have some fun on this wide open spaces on the Bernabau pitch. All in all we can definitely score next week and have better people on the pitch to defend, we can get better. Can Madrid?
I’m still not convinced cancello is right to start for this game as he goes forward a lot which will leave space for their biggest threats on the wings. Zinc was excellent last night. If we have walker back it will certainly help a lot.

If we take our chances we win.

Grealish not being involved at all answers that question,but I agree Mahrez was poor.

All about him,going for the perfect finish,instead of smashing it,and as for passing the ball.........on odd occasions he will,not a team player for me at all.

Sold in Summer,has to be gone.
Sad but agree he can be sold for me & I think peps reaction says a lot

I was watching it saying get across (to Laporte). Seeing it again, I doubt he’d have made it, nor would Zinchenko have covered the player in the middle. Also, factoring in that he had a split second to decide, it’s probably not fair to hold him responsible. His game did fall apart a bit after that goal though.

he should have attempted to close the player down, cannot see why this is even being argued?

the alternative is to allow him a free run on goal and shot. Which obviously happened.

50/50 who goes to the final? Out of two teams in a semi final?

Has NASA never been in touch with you?

50/50 who goes to the final? Out of two teams in a semi final?

Has NASA never been in touch with you?
I turned nasa down waiting for musk to give me a call. :-)

with a 1 goal lead the % should be in our favour but I don’t think it is. They are at home & will score. We miss too many chances is my point. I would say they are favourites

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.