Real Madrid (H) | Post Match Thread

I would just like to welcome MANCHESTER CITY TO THE ELITE LEVEL.
We have finally made it and last night game made the watching public sit up and notice,

we belong on the elite level and everybody watching last night now knows Manchester city are a major club
if last night game did not plant the seed (Manchester city) to the watching world, then nothing will ?

Am so proud to be a lifelong Manchester city, and last night I can go to my grave knowing we can play with the elite and beat them. We earned the respect of the best club in the world and 14 times winners of the Champions League winners
Great post Ancoats.
We really are witnessing the best of times.
Beating Real Madrid in the Semi finals of the CL with the confidence that we can make the final again.
It wasn’t perfect but how many games against top quality opposition are ?
I just wish a few more of us would not be so insistent in finding someone to whip every single game.
Love this club.

They were there for the taking last night and we didn't take advantage.

Some poor defending cost us cheap goals, no idea why Laporte just ran and ran backwards without going over to challenge him, the handball for the penalty was unlucky though.

I can't see what they can do to improve their defence next week but we will have Cancelo back which will improve us so confident we can see the job out although as Pep says we will have to SUFFER.

He was shocking in the 2nd half. He went missing & his weak challenge led to one of their goals. he also left fern on his own countless times with not tracking back.

I actually think Grealish for his 1st season has been very good.
So even though it was obvious Mahrez and Foden were told to stay up & wide you blame him for not tracking back. This hatred of Mahrez is bizarre on this forum. Yet a player who we spent £100m on and has been nothing more than ok is "very good".

It's far better to create many chances and score *only* 4 goals than to be highly efficient and score 4 goals from few chances.

Wierdly, had we been average and scored a late winner, many people would have felt more satisfied. Which doesn't make a lot of sense really. We put in a great performance, given the circumstances (played a lot of time with our 4th-5th choice RB). We played much, much better than vs PSG last season. But we were luckier vs PSG. Hopefully, this time we'll reach the final again and will be luckier/better in the final.

Given that one of the best left forwards in the world was playing against a nearly 37 y.o. midfielder at RB, I'm happy that we won. Real are not likely to beat us by 2 goals in Madrid. If anything, we are likely to win again. Unlike the game at Atletico, which was 3 days after a game vs Liverpool, this time around we'll have 4 full days to recover after Leeds. This can make a lot of difference, we can put in another great performance at Bernabeu.

Remember yesterday when you were berating me for saying we should put away this Real Madrid side pretty easily?

So even though it was obvious Mahrez and Foden were told to stay up & wide you blame him for not tracking back. This hatred of Mahrez is bizarre on this forum. Yet a player who we spent £100m on and has been nothing more than ok is "very good".
Sadly he cost us yesterday big time. From the sublime for our first goal to absolute dross for the rest of the game. Not sure why people calling it out is a bad thing as he's had a lot of praise from all corners this season. He could of single handedly put that game out of reach (bit like the chance at the end against Liverpool) but his poor decision making had a big impact on the final score.

I turned nasa down waiting for musk to give me a call. :-)

with a 1 goal lead the % should be in our favour but I don’t think it is. They are at home & will score. We miss too many chances is my point. I would say they are favourites
If you think Madrid are favourites I think you'll get favourable odds on them making the final. I don't know what the odds will be as I'm not a gambling man but I probably could have made a small fortune over the years if I'd gone with my gut feeling, but I've never bet on City losing and I never will.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.