Real Madrid (H) | Post Match Thread

They were there for the taking last night and we didn't take advantage.

Some poor defending cost us cheap goals, no idea why Laporte just ran and ran backwards without going over to challenge him, the handball for the penalty was unlucky though.

I can't see what they can do to improve their defence next week but we will have Cancelo back which will improve us so confident we can see the job out although as Pep says we will have to SUFFER.
If he goes over he leaves a man. Pass to that man then Laporte is asked why he went over. Cant win really.

If it was anythings fault it was having a couple of RBs out and a 37 yr old midfielder replacing them.

Sadly he cost us yesterday big time. From the sublime for our first goal to absolute dross for the rest of the game. Not sure why people calling it out is a bad thing as he's had a lot of praise from all corners this season. He could of single handedly put that game out of reach (bit like the chance at the end against Liverpool) but his poor decision making had a big impact on the final score.
Got top agree. I dont like the Mahrez hate but he's shown poor decision making at crucial times. He can only leaqrn from it and from the bollocking Pep and the boyus will have given him.

I can't understand why you or any other blue thinks like this pal. Was one of the most exciting games in our recent history I think and it must have been some game for the neutral football fan watching on TV.

We once had years of boring football that could be explained because we were often shite and on the end of a 2-0 loss, or more.

It was indeed a crazy night of such mazy nail biting excitement that I can't really remember too much of it.

I didn't bite my nails btw, I was too busy selling fannywipes on the game thread; )
So we’d have a two goal cushion for the 2nd leg rather than one goal and we’d have expended less energy, giving us a better chance of beating Leeds. I’d happily sacrifice a bit of excitement during a game if that improves our prospects in subsequent games.

Tbh I get my enjoyment from seeing us win, the way we win is largely irrelevant to me.

If you think Madrid are favourites I think you'll get favourable odds on them making the final. I don't know what the odds will be as I'm not a gambling man but I probably could have made a small fortune over the years if I'd gone with my gut feeling, but I've never bet on City losing and I never will.
4/1 on Madrid going through someone on the final travel thread said

Not sure what else Laporte was meant to do with their 2nd goal as he was tracking Benzema’s run.

It was a great turn by Vinicius to get past Ferdy, sometimes you just have to admire the quality of the opposition. I even think Walker will have his work cut out containing him.

Either way what a spectacle for both sets of fans and the footballing World as a whole.

Roll on next week.
I think Walker would have got back and at least put a tackle in or cut him off from shooting

Not sure what else Laporte was meant to do with their 2nd goal as he was tracking Benzema’s run.

It was a great turn by Vinicius to get past Ferdy, sometimes you just have to admire the quality of the opposition. I even think Walker will have his work cut out containing him.

Either way what a spectacle for both sets of fans and the footballing World as a whole.

Roll on next week.
People must be blind if they can't appreciate the skill of Vinicius...

Anyone seen Agueros tiktok, he was watching the game with Balotelli. Foden scored he called Foden his Prince Charming haha

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.