Real Madrid (H) | Post Match Thread

On a positive note, I thought Zin was outstanding last night. Not only did he execute his defending duties well, but was fantastic going forward & offered a lot up front & on the wing. I do like Cancelo's creativity but I have doubts on his defending abilities & I'm not sure he will fare too well against either Rodrygo or Vinicius unless Pep instructs to give him some help in defensive situations.
I am not a fan at all tbh, but hold my hands up and say yes, I think he was excellent too. Maybe his best game for us even.

(Conceivably could have done more with the Benzema goal, but I am splitting hairs.)

He did, but by a clever dummy, which nutmegged him - if Vin had played the ball to go past Fern, i think we know our boy is getting a yellow but Vin is going no further...
Mate, it's all part of the game whether he touched the ball or not. Vinícius scored a beautiful goal, from the dummy, to the pace & control shown, to the finish past Ederson.

It matters not whether it's a dummy or he touched the ball imho. He executed his intentions to perfection & scored a quite simply brilliant goal.

I'd prefer goals against us like that, than embarrassing comical fuck ups like Steffen's vs the Dippers. Vini's goal hurt like hell, but in a way I'm glad it took a moment of world class brilliance to undo us. )(

Cant believe the negativity! yes, we made some mistakes and obviously missed our natural RB's but so many positives to take away! BTW how good was KDB off the ball run into the box for first goal??? such an intelligent run.

there is zero chance of City not scoring in Madrid. this tie is 75%/25% in our favour. even if Madrid get an early goal, i can see our guys outplaying them again.
with cancelo coming into the team (and kyle if possible) our full backs will be a lot better.
it will get scary over there, no doubt, but all we need is a draw.

What a game. We were magnificent. Yes we conceded three avoidable goals and it may well bite us on the arse, but at the moment I am just enjoying how good we are and how good that game was.
Only 2 were avoidable.
Benzema's first was a thing of beauty.

I think it's more a case of frustration. Madrid were there for the absolute taking last night. A combination of greediness, inefficiency and concentration cost us.

Were still favourites and are better than Madrid, but that was an enormous opportunity to kill the tie.

Laporte should do better with the Vinicius goal. Thought I'd been too critical of Mahrez last night but watching the highlights back, it's unforgivable to not pass to Foden. Same as him shitting out of a challenge before Madrids first.
I'm going to watch it back. Mahrez made those two mistakes but I thought he did some really good stuff as well?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.