Real Madrid (H) | Post Match Thread

I'm a big fan of Steve, but I gave up after 75 seconds.

"Champions League Royalty! Heritage! In built belief! DNA!"

No Steve, we, they, are in this position for a lot of reasons, not least a dubious penalty, but DNA, royalty, heritage? Oh do f**k off! Stop using the language of our detractors, we live in no ones shadow, leave the hyperbolic bullshit for the rags and dippers.

You lapsed into ever so humble ickle City mode, I'll forgive you this time, but give your head a wobble for the return leg.

They had enjoyed a full week off before we met but will have to play Espanyol at the weekend before facing us again, and that is likely to drain them a little more. Chelsea should have knocked them out in the last round but squandered great chances and, like us, fell victim to an unfortunate handball incident. We‘ll score over there, but the question is will we stop them from scoring?

Still a concern that we apparently have nothing on the bench that Guardiola trusts as as an attacking threat.
Madrid have the league rapped up. They will rest players at the weekend, we can't.

I'm a big fan of Steve, but I gave up after 75 seconds.

"Champions League Royalty! Heritage! In built belief! DNA!"

No Steve, we, they, are in this position for a lot of reasons, not least a dubious penalty, but DNA, royalty, heritage? Oh do f**k off! Stop using the language of our detractors, we live in no ones shadow, leave the hyperbolic bullshit for the rags and dippers.

You lapsed into ever so humble ickle City mode, I'll forgive you this time, but give your head a wobble for the return leg.

I find all of that terminology incredibly cringe..... partly why I hate the competition tbh, all the sychophantic worshipping that comes with it.

Like every striker with a good record
Well he’s not a striker for a start.

I can’t think of any top player with a good record that would have shanked that into the side netting instead of giving Foden an open goal and putting the tie to bed

Like every striker with a good record
Yes, most attacking players first thought is to take the shot on, if they score nobody bothers, if they don't then people say what they should have done and in hindsight the pass was probably the better option. The thing that gets me is fans reactions to it are different depending on the player involved. If it was the other way around Foden wouldn't get half the criticism Mahrez does.

Madrid have the league rapped up. They will rest players at the weekend, we can't.
They may well be near to wrapping it up, but they'll not rest everyone and that will help us. Madrid looked visibly weaker in their second game against Chelsea. We'll rest some players. Sterling, Ake, Gundogan, and maybe even Palmer will come into contention.

Sloppy at times last night, unbelievably brilliant at others. Great game to watch. However enough chances to have been out of sight yet again we are not clinical enough in front of goal! Is it me, i know he wasn't at fault last night but Ederson doesn't seem to save many. Considering he has little to do in most games i do think his shot stopping isn't that great!
I said this earlier about Ederson their second goal was very similar to the one watford last week. Hes brilliant playing it out with his feet, hes good at quick reaction saves but shots around the box, like you say isn't that great.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.