Real Madrid (H) | Post Match Thread

Exactly this! I questioned Laporte not engaging Viniscius, but after watching it again, in reality that should have been Fern & Dias' job. If Laporte had engaged, it would have left Zin on his own, as Rodri was trying to cover Dias too. If Walker was playing, I reckon he would've caught Viniscius in a foot race, especially without the ball.

Alas Fern got skinned, Viniscius set off like the Road Runner on fast forward & left everyone for dead. He still had to place the perfect ball past Ederson, so sometimes you've just gotta stand up & applaud a world class goal, from a very dangerous player... )(
Laporte should have gone across because Fern dived in and Dias was out of position

He has a habit of making stupid decisions when he's in the box - he absolutely gets a rush of blood to the head and is selfish.
I don’t think it’s a rush of blood to the head.

I think it’s a cold, empty, narcissistic compulsion to put himself above what’s best for the team

Yeah, I think some of the criticism of Laporte for that has been harsh. He's one player tracking two, and he's decide that he's going to track the run and hope his keeper closes down the space.
And where the fuck was Dias in all this. Laporte tried to cover vinicius. Zinchenko had to come across to mark benzema, Dias nowhere to be seen

It's meh result. Madrid doesn't care that they were inferior. They were worse than PSG and Chelsea too but go through. Complacency and lapses of concentration resulted in only one goal victory. It should have been at least two goals victory. I think City will go through but they will need to score at least two goals at Bernabeu to progress.

Not to be too negative but Ederson’s record one on one is very poor isn’t it? Unless it’s straight at him it’s very often a goal. I don’t remember thinking much “wow, amazing saves from Ederson. He helped us win that with that great save”.
There are many better keepers than Ederson but not one of them would be better than him in our team. Its not worked out that badly over years I'd say

There are many better keepers than Ederson but not one of them would be better than him in our team. Its not worked out that badly over years I'd say

Agreed. His distribution and the fact that we don’t actually have to face an overwhelming amount of shots means that he probably is the best keeper for us.

And where the fuck was Dias in all this. Laporte tried to cover vinicius. Zinchenko had to come across to mark benzema, Dias nowhere to be seen
I'd have to re-watch it, but yes agreed. If you're the last defender against two of the best attackers in the world then you have to make a decision and look stupid. I think Van Dijk had something similar in a game where everyone was asking why he didn't intervene.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.