Real Madrid (H) | Post Match Thread

I'm a big fan of Steve, but I gave up after 75 seconds.

"Champions League Royalty! Heritage! In built belief! DNA!"

No Steve, we, they, are in this position for a lot of reasons, not least a dubious penalty, but DNA, royalty, heritage? Oh do f**k off! Stop using the language of our detractors, we live in no ones shadow, leave the hyperbolic bullshit for the rags and dippers.

You lapsed into ever so humble ickle City mode, I'll forgive you this time, but give your head a wobble for the return leg.

Fucking right. When people talk like this about United or Liverpool we laugh at them. We were big favourites going into this game and the fact that Real Madrid have won it before and sell lots of shirts is irrelvant.

I'm going to watch it back. Mahrez made those two mistakes but I thought he did some really good stuff as well
Madrids 2nd goal was initally Ferna for being to clever, then Laporte for not getting back and finally Ederson should have done better.
The 3rd goal stemmed from Mahrez's atrocious pass which led to the free kick that caused the pen and then Laporte's handball.
Laporte for me panics in some of the important CL games and Mahrez had a frustrating evening.

I think real did a bit of the roper dope on us, it only worked to the extent that we went from our usual controlling football to more swashbuckling like Liverpool. That's not our true game. And obviously we are able to do it because we're an amazing attacking team, but it compromises on defensive solidarity the other way, something we have added to our game since last season. On Europe last season, we changed up to be more controlling and not go for the jugular, understanding that there's two games to put the game to bed. We tried to do that in one game last night, and it made for an amazing game but one which I'm sure Pep will want us to change up in Madrid. Add a fullback, maybe two, and a bit of a mindset change with strict instructions not to fall into their trap and I think we'll beat them next week. What a game.
I agree absolutely. It suited Madrid for us to play an open game. We need to play a more controlled game in Spain. Make that extra pass.

We should so so proud of this team.
I personally wouldn't care that much even if they fail to win anything this season, would sting a bit, but the levels they get into fill me with confidence and content.

Laporte should have gone across because Fern dived in and Dias was out of position
It's a case of shudda, cudda, wudda mate. Ultimately there were 2 players bearing down on the penalty area who Laporte & Zin were rightly covering.

If Laporte had gone across & Vini had crossed to Benzema & the other Real player instead of shooting, I'm pretty sure Laporte would have been crucified if we'd conceded from that situation for not holding his position.

Sometime's you've just gotta hold your hands up & admit Vinicius's goal was sheer brilliance from meggin Fern, the speed & control shown & the finish past Ederson.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.