Real Madrid (H) | Post Match Thread

Don’t forget lads and lasses, this was a shit result as according to BT Sport tonight was “a moral victory for Madrid”

Weve just battered the best team in the history of this competition and should easily have won by scoring 7 or 8 but , no, it was a moral victory for the other team.

Absolute wankers at BT.

result is good (ie a win) but it feels less than that

A number of players let down others

KDB, Foden, Bernardo and Jesus were very very good.

Mahrez and Laporte let us down big time. Ferna big mistake for the goal but also played pretty well tbf to him

Mahrez should have squared the ball when we were 2-0 - simple tap in for foden makes it 3-0 and it potnetially changes the whole next part of the game.....Mahrez hugely culpable also for the first goal
Also the goal....he bottles out of a 50-50 with Modric (I think) before he plays the ball to the fullback to cross.
He also wasted other good positions.

Laporte - Ferna makes the initial mistake for the Vinicius goal BUT what is Laporte doing...HE HAS to towards Vinicius but he doesnt.Then there is the penalty.....Laporte has always had this in him and as good as he is normally in big games at times he crumbles. NO need for his arm to be where it is and he gave the ref an easy decision.

We have now a big test on our hands.....yes we have a lead but that could be gone very quickly...However we can also still cause them huge problems BUT our finishing is going to trip us up at some point....we waste so many good chances....It could have been at least 5 goals in the first half alone......we wont keep getting away with that...not against players the likes of Benzema and not against what is likely to be the scousers in the final (if we get there)

As good as the result is....that was hugely frustrating.

We've just been involved in a European classic. The second leg will be the same. This is the glamour-end of the biggest tournament in the world. We played some mesmeric football and left a few goals out there. But bloody hell, next week is going to be a lot of fun, I can't wait

That’s three in a row against so called European royalty, I said before the game I’d take any win, when the players watch that back they’ll be disappointed because we gave them everything they have, but they can also be proud of that performance, we can repeat that performance over there no problem, but will they be as clinical, or have that much luck, who do you think is more worried about the second leg? It won’t be us

Would’ve taken any lead going into the second leg before the game, but feels like a bit of a missed opportunity tonight. What a game of football though! Still fancy us to go through.

if it had been a dull & boring game & we nicked a last minute winner I would fancy us to go through & to be honest I still do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.