Real Madrid (H) | Post Match Thread

I don’t think there’s anything in the rules about that, was that a premier league guideline thing at one point?

His arm was in an unnatural position so it was a clear handball to me.
was it though? turning in the air you need your arms out. he went to head the ball and headed the ball

To be fair to Madrid its a trait we dont have. Cant remember the last time we played awful and got an undeserved result. I know we beat Madrid but thats never a 3 2 game. But theres loads of games weve dominated and not won. Lets hope it doesn't come back to bite us on the arse next week
Previous round against Athletico? Whilst I wouldn’t say we where awful, we definitely rode our luck

I said it after the FA cup semi - Fern is done at the top level. When he gets up to top speed he's not far off the pace but whenever he needs to turn and chase he loses 2 / 3 yards to most players now. Against jnr it was 5 / 6 yards. That clear weakness changed the game for us - we had to drop deeper quickly once we lost it and that doesn't suit our style at all.

It got put in the rules in 2019 and got taken out for this season.

I’ve always thought with the handballs like Laportes though, it’s more deserving of an indirect free kick than a penalty, seems an overly harsh punishment for the crime. Admittedly it’d be a nightmare at times to decide though.
I agree it was an unfortunate one more than anything really, his arm shouldn’t be there but the way it deflected off his head to arm was just bad luck. But it’s hard to see how they would come up with rules where that kind of thing isn’t handball.

At least we didn’t have that Everton one given against us - and that might end up winning us the premier league and sending Everton down.

Fair assessment but everyone is ignoring our decimated defence. I also feel we have to learn to be cuter, meaner, spoil the game a bit when in front, but it's not in our nature I guess. We also seem to be in total control then have a touch of the jitters and make mistakes.

Guillem Balague
Spanish football journalist on BBC Radio 5 Live
It was a typical Manchester City performance and a typical Real Madrid performance.
That's the thing which perhaps stops City from winning the Champions League, having that many chances and not putting them away. Real Madrid were completely out of the picture three times and three times they came back. For them, it is one player, one moment, one move and they score.
Both sides haven't disappointed us. Great game!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.